With 847 new cases and 5 fatalities reported yesterday (22nd October), the Covid-19 virus is spreading far and wide. The pandemic has unfortunately reached a point where there is no place that cannot escape its relentless contagiousness.
From malls, offices to grocery stores, the virus has led to many people from all these locations to be ill. However, it’s not only public places that have reported new cases, as multiple places of residence have also been affected.
A total of 35 apartments and condominiums have reported Covid-19 cases just from the 1st to the 22nd of October. Pelangi Damansara Flats is the most recent residence to confirm 23 positive cases.
Here’s a list of all the apartments and condominiums with positive Covid-19 cases so far:
- Parc Regency Serviced Apartment, Johor Bahru
- Block B, Magnaville Apartment, Selayang
- Block B, Sri Anggerik 1 Apartment, Puchong Jaya
- Block 1, Puteri Palma Condominium, IOI Resort, Seri Kembangan
- Block H, Desa Impiana Condo, Puchong Prima
- Pangsapuri Kasturi, Bandar Dato Onn, Johor Bahru
- The Pines Residence, Gelang Patah, Johor Bahru
- Block C, East Lake Residence, Taman Serdang Perdana w
- Block D, Residensi Damai Meriah, Damansara Damai, Selangor
- Block B, Fadason Business Centre, Kepong
- Block D, Riana Green East Condominium, Wangsa Maju
- Block A, Menara Simfoni (Symphony Tower) Service Apartment, Seri Kembangan
- Block D, Pelangi Utama Damansara condominium, Petaling Jaya
- Palazio Serviced Apartment, Johor Bahru
- Block AK, Subang Perdana Apartment, Subang Jaya
- Block 5, Seri Intan Apartmen, Setia Alam
- Block C, H20 Residences at Ara Damansara, Selangor
- Block B, Gembira Residen, Taman Gembira, Kuala Lumpur
- Prima Bayu Apartment, Klang (According to The Star Online, a total of 21 Nepalis living here have tested positive while another 30 of the housemates are currently under home quarantine as of 22nd October)
- Block A, Prima Midah Heights Apartment, Taman Midah, Cheras
- Seri Borneo Condominium, Kota Kinabalu
- Block B, 25th Floor, Aurora Residence, Taman Pinggiran Prima, Puchong
- Block J, Level 23, BSP21 Condominium, Bandar Saujana Putra
- Block A, 16th Floor, Maxwell Towers, Petaling Jaya
- Block B, Seasons Garden Residences, Wangsa Maju
- Level LG8 and 11, GenKL Condominium – A construction worker who was there on 15th October.
- Block 2, Level 1, Seri Baiduri Apartments, Setia Alam
- Amara Serviced Residence, Batu Caves
- Block B, PV2 Condominium, Taman Melati
- Pangsapuri Jati Selatan, Kg Baru Salak Selatan
- Block D, PPR Kg Baru Air Panas
- Block B, Level 25, Aurora Residence, Taman Pinggiran Prima, Puchong
- De Bayu Apartment, Setia Alam – A resident who tested positive on 19th October.
- Flat Setapak Indah Jaya, Setapak
- Puri Aiyu Condominium, Section 22, Shah Alam
- Flat Pelangi Damansara, Persiaran Surian
It is challenging to live in apartments and condominiums that hold many people during such a highly infectious pandemic.
Always remember to sanitise your hands and wear a mask once you leave your private premises, especially when using shared facilities. The Covid-19 chain can be broken with precaution, care and vigilance.
Stay safe and stay healthy.