Gym members from Babel Fit were recently notified after a fellow gym-goer (Member A) tested positive for Covid-19 this week.
According to a statement by the fitness gym, Member A had just returned from “recent multiple outstation trips to a high-risk zone”. However the date of contraction hasn’t been determined.
Before testing positive for Covid-19, Member A had visited Babel KLCC and TTDI on a few occasions as seen in the screenshot above. “We have reached out directly to everyone who is affected as we have already identified members who have been in contact either verbally or physically over an extended period of time through our comprehensive contact-tracing investigation,” the gym clarified.
Babel Fit also listed down a detailed course of events over the last 3 days:
23rd September 2020
- A Covid-Task Force was formed.
- Liaised with the Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (KKM).
- Both clubs (KLCC and TTDI) were disinfected within 12 hours from receiving the news.
- An official communication to all members was sent via email to inform them regarding the situation.
- A comprehensive contact-tracing investigation was conducted – establishing the exact dates and times Member A visited Babel and members who are in contact with them.
- As well as curating an additional mandatory Travel Declaration Form to all members arriving at Babel.
24th September 2020
- With sufficiently accurate information and identification of staff and members who came in contact with Member A, we began contacting identified members as soon as possible.
- We secured Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests to be conducted, with guidance from KKM. Some of the identified affected parties manage to get tested, with the rest scheduled across 48 hours.
25th September 2020
- We successfully reached out to all identified parties. We have instructed those who have been tested to self-isolate at home to be under Home Surveillance Order (HSO), as advised by KKM.
- We received official confirmation that the test results of those taken on the 24th September 2020 are ALL NEGATIVE.
- We will continue to update all stakeholders as we receive more results in time.
- We sent out another email update to all members with regards to the latest development thus far.
In moving forward, Babel has “implemented a travel declaration form, of which on a weekly basis, will require any member who has traveled to a high-risk destination to be socially responsible and transparent to declare and to self-quarantine“.
Update (30th September):
29th September 2020
- We received official confirmation that the test results of ALL tests conducted on those who identified as being in close proximity to Member A have returned as NEGATIVE.
- We have sent out an email to all our members, summarising the details of our investigation efforts.
Babel Fit’s gym outlets are located at Menara KEN and Suria KLCC. To find out more, read their full statement here.