An old clip of K-pop sensation BTS (방탄소년단) resurfaced online recently, much to the surprise of many fans.
This happened after a netizen took to an online community forum to ask whether fans – especially devoted BTS fans (widely known as ARMYs) – are familiar with this particular image.
Surprisingly, many fans had no idea that the members of the Billboard chart-toppers used to serve as backup dancers for a hologram singer as well! The photo shows BTS members Suga, Jimin, J-hope and Jungkook performing for former label mate GLAM’s song titled “Glamorous”, featuring the vocaloid singer SeeU.
For those who don’t know, ex-GLAM member Dahee was the one who lent her voice to the hologram character. In this first-ever live performance of SeeU and GLAM, which took place on 22nd July 2012, the four boys were backup dancers alongside the now-defunct girl group.
Check out what are some of the netizens had to say in response to the amusing discovery:
- “Wow hahaha, I’ve listened to a lot of songs in the past, but it’s amazing that BTS used to be backup dancers before debuting.”
- “I saw them at that time! But I didn’t know that the kids who were backup dancers then would be my favourite idols after a few years.”
- “They had a tough time. Their success comes from their talents and efforts, I’m so proud of them.”
- “I wonder for how long they had to wait to perform on their own stage. :'(“
- “I think they gained a lot of experience from those stages.”
- “I watched this clip but I didn’t know they were BTS members.”
Feel free to enjoy the full video here:
Were you shocked after finding out about this? Share your thoughts in the comments section.