It’s quite rare for an artist to travel all the way to Malaysia just to promote their concert, but that’s a testament to Joey Yung (容祖兒)’s dedication to her fans.
Last Friday (21st February), we attended the press conference held at White Ballroom Petaling Jaya where fans and the media got to interact with the 39-year-old singer.
During the press con, Joey shared that she’s performed in Resorts World Genting as many as 7 times! If there is one thing she’s looking forward to explore next month, it’s to dine in at Burger & Lobster. In addition, she’s also craving for Nasi Lemak cause she loves spicy food. The subject of food came up after she was spotted enjoying durian at SS2 the day before.
Although the entire session (including photo ops) was approximately only 1 hour, the Hong Kong songstress got us pumped up for her upcoming “Love in Genting” concert. If you’re still undecided whether to attend her show, here are some reasons to entice you:
1. In celebration of 2 decades in the entertainment business, Joey’s “Love” concert is her biggest one yet.
2. From now till May, Malaysia is the only Asian tour stop.
3. Since Twins duo Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) and Gillian Chung (鍾欣潼) are currently in Malaysia to shoot “Female Forensic Scientist JD” (女法醫JD), Joey might invite her girl pals to her concert if their work schedule permits. Maybe an impromptu performance together?
4. New music? While chances for that are slim (since she’s only recently recorded some new tunes in the studio), fans will get to witness some new numbers live from the “Pretty Crazy” era.
5. Every other pop concerts have either been postponed or cancelled. We won’t be getting any concerts until later in the year. Might as well right?
The details to Joey Yung’s “Love in Genting” concert are as follows:
- Date: 21st March 2020 (Saturday) – (Update: Postponed to 24th October 2020)
- Time: 8:30pm
- Venue: Arena of Stars
- Ticketing: RM286, RM476, RM726, RM986
For more info on Joey Yung, click here.