As with every festive season, various advertising creatives and brands will try their hand in meeting their marketing objectives.
In celebration of the Year of the Rat, CNY campaigns can be seen all over our social media feed. Some managed to worm their way into our hearts, while others just call flat.
To quote Mumbrella Asia, there are 3 key ingredients that make a successful ad. They are:
- To take advantage of the season to boost sales and/or market share.
- To use a seasonal insight to change perception of the role of the brand.
- To be seen as part of a special time in people’s lives.
Have a nice little story in mind so that people will take notice, then offer a different perspective at this seasonal celebration. Create a character that we can all relate to, then slap on a promotion during the conclusion.
1. Watsons – Happy Beautiful Year!
3. Apple – Daughter
5. Celcom – A Time for All
7. Petronas – Bao Bei
8. Tenaga Nasional Berhad – Reality Not Virtual
9. Daikin – The Twins
10. Hong Leong Bank – The Grown Ups’ Table
11. RHB – Heart Baker
12. EcoWorld – Togetherness Is Happiness
13. Gamuda Land – Giving Hope, Receiving Joy
14. Setia Today – The Many Celebrations
15. Sunway – In The Air
17. McDonald’s – Prosperity Begins With You
18. Eu Yan Sang
19. Grab – HUATever you want
20. Jinnyboy – Bakwa Fighters