Update (6th March): MyBalloonFiesta 2020 has officially been postponed. Those who have purchased tickets may proceed with the refund here.
Original article follows…
Ready to experience the Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta all over again? MyBalloonFiesta is set to return to Putrajaya in March 2020.
For the 11th year, visitors will get to experience free flying and tethered balloon rides. Plus, there will also be a balloon display with various special shaped balloons.
This time around, you can look forward to hot air balloons coming from more than 10 different countries. They include Brazil, United Kingdom, United States of America, Italy, Japan, Spain, Thailand, Canada, France, Taiwan, and of course, our very own country Malaysia.
For the uninitiated, you’ll get to witness up close how hot air balloons are set up and inflated at MyBalloonFiesta. It’s also a sight to behold when numerous hot air balloons take off into the sky. Let’s face it, your experience wouldn’t be complete without riding on a hot air balloon as it floats 60 feet above Putrajaya.
View this post on Instagram
It's OFFICIAL! #myballoonfiesta returns for the 11th year this March 2020 at Putrajaya. Mark your calendars and start booking your holiday. 19-22 March, be at Putrajaya and let us bring you and your family up and above, and awe you with lots of balloon fun For more info: myballoonfiesta.com #myballoonfiesta #hotairballoon #putrajaya #upaboveinputrajaya
The details to MyBalloonFiesta 2020 are as follows:
- Date: 19th – 22th March 2020
- Time: 7am – 9pm
- Location : Monumen Alaf Baru, Precinct 2, Putrajaya
- Entrance: Free
Entrance to the event is free and tickets are available for a variety of access as follows:
1) Tethered Balloon Ride
2) Launching Field Access
3) Night Glow Access
- Tethered Balloon Ride: This is when the balloon is secured to the ground with four anchoring ropes. The balloon ride will take you 60 feet above ground for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Launching Field Access: Get up close with the balloons. Watch our pilots set up and inflate, and learn the details of handling a hot air balloon.
- Night Glow Access: The Night Glow Show is when all balloons are inflated and lit up. It is a show of lights and music and watch how the balloons dance to the beat.
Tickets will go on sale from 27th December 2019 onwards at early bird rates. For great offers, don’t miss the early bird period and be sure to get all that you need. Do note that early bird promotion is from 27th to 29th December 2019.
For more information, visit their official website here.