Can you believe that it’s already August peeps?!
In the wake of this new month, here are a few important things to take note. No, we’re not referring to Westlife and Twice‘s upcoming concerts (although that’s important too). But here are some events and new policies that will take effect.
1. Public holidays in August
- 11th & 12th August (Sunday & Monday) – Hari Raya Haji
- 31st August (Saturday) – National Day (Replacement)
2. School holidays
- 10th – 18th August
3. The third phase for BSH 2019 will take effect this month.
4. Civil servants can enjoy flexible working hours, “between 7.30am and 9am and leave between 4.30pm and 6pm to complete one working day”.
5. Maybank2u will no longer be sending SMS notifications from 5th August onwards. More info here.
6. Astro sports channel will be reshuffling.
- Astro Supersport (CH811-CH814 HD, CH831-CH834)
- Fox Sports (CH815-CH817 HD, CH835-CH837)
— Stadium Astro (@stadiumastro) July 18, 2019
7. Microsoft will be deleting all inactive accounts starting 30th August.
8. Hong Leong Bank will be charging RM1 credit card paper statement fee from 1st August. Cardholders are encouraged to sign up for e-Statement at no cost.
9. Self-employed and e-hailing drivers will have to register under Socso’s Self-Employed Employment Injury Scheme (SEEIS). Or risk being slapped with a minimum fine of RM1000.
10. Non-profit organisation Befrienders is now providing free hotline calls for counselling purposes and to provide assistance services.
@BefriendersKL ialah NGO yang menyediakan telinga untuk mendengar sesiapa yang memerlukan bantuan emosi, dalam keadaan murung, rasa ingin mencederakan atau membunuh diri.
Mulai 1 Ogos, panggilan ke Befrienders menjadi PERCUMA.
Maka, manfaatkan lah peluang ini sebaik-baiknya 🙂 pic.twitter.com/AVDL3AZoX3
— A Mental Health Advocate (@AimanPsikologi) August 1, 2019
11. Perseid Meteor Shower is predicted to take place on 13th and 14th August. Hopefully we’ll get to witness it 😉