As promised, at 12am today (Friday, 5th April), BLACKPINK dropped their long-awaited comeback music video, “Kill This Love”.
It didn’t take long before Blinks got the hashtag #KILLTHISLOVEwithBLACKPINK trending worldwide on social media platforms. Just hours after its release, “Kill This Love” has already broken some major records.
Here are some impressive records that BLACKPINK has achieved so far:
1. BLACKPINK just scored their first #1 on the US iTunes sales chart with “Kill This Love”. They are also the first Asian girl group to achieve this feat.
2. BLACKPINK is the first worldwide girl-group to top the US iTunes chart since Destiny’s Child.
3. It also debuted at #1 on the Worldwide iTunes Chart, knocking Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow” off the top spot.
4. “Kill This Love” is the fastest K-pop group to hit 10 million views at 4 hours and 13 minutes. It was previously held by BTS’s “IDOL” at 4 hours and 16 minutes.
5. The visual has also become the fastest K-pop girl group to hit 20 million views at 9 hours and 38 minutes. It was previously held by TWICE’s “YES or YES” at 10 hours and 27 minutes.
6. BLACKPINK’s “Kill This Love” is the fastest video in history to surpass 1 million likes on YouTube in 30 minutes. It surpass Ariana Grande’s previous “thank u, next” record of an hour and 10 mins!
7. It also the fastest music video to reach 2 million likes on YouTube (1 hour 49 mins). BTS’ “Idol” took 2 hours 20 mins while Ariana Grande’s “thank u, next” took 3 hours.