Rejoice Malaysian shoe lovers! The Skechers x One Piece collection is finally available here.
So gather around pirates, there are plenty of treasure to steal. The Skechers x One Piece collection features 5 brand new sneakers inspired by the characters from “The Battle of Marineford”.
As you may know (looking at the image above), the 5 characters from the popular Japanese manga series that serve as inspiration for these limited-edition collection of sneakers are:
- Jimbei – The blue is similar to the merman warrior. Even the diamond-mosiac design at the shoe’s heel is akin to Jimbei’s kimono.
- Trafalgar D. Law – Inspired by the miraculous surgeon is the the cow prints on the shoes’ heels.
- Monkey D Luffy – It comes with hints of red, yellow, and black that instantly reminds you of his outfit. The heel tab also pays homage to Luffy’s straw hat.
- Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard) – Blackbeard may be a villain but the sinister and intimidating vibe of the shoe is super dope.
- Portgas D. Ace – Ace’s sneakers, which has bright orange stripe on its side, looks like there’s fire coming out.
In conjunction with Skechers D’Lites X One Piece’s collection launch, the sports brand has organised an interactive One Piece Experiential Maze at Pavilion KL’s centre court. From today (Friday, 29th March) till Sunday (31st March), fans, shoppers and the public are welcome to take part in the immersive experience as admission is free!
There are 5 activity zones including an experiential maze challenge, mini-games, trick art photo walls, character walls, and more. Participants who complete the maze will also stand a chance to win some awesome prizes. That’s not all, One Piece characters will also be brought to life by cosplayers, so don’t be afraid to snap a selfie with them.
Each Skechers D’Lites X One Piece collection costs RM459 and can be purchased at selected outlets here.