Uh oh! Seungri (승리) has found himself in hot water.
Following his latest controversies with Seoul club Burning Sun, the BIGBANG member is police investigations in South Korea on solicited prostitutes for potential investors in his business back in 2015.
Rumour has it that the 28-year-old K-pop star had apparently requested his staff then to hire sexual service for his investors from Taiwan. SBS funE even published a screenshot of the message exchange between Seungri, singer ‘C’, and Mr. Yu from Yuri Holdings (Seungri’s business partner back then).
The KakaoTalk message imply that the trio were discussing hiring prostitutes for foreign business investors. All K-pop has taken liberty to translate the conversation, which you can read below:
- Seungri: Kim. Do as ‘B’ says and book Arena Main’s 3, 4. There’s a client from Taiwan. Call OO for help.
- Kim (employee at the club then): Which girl can I call now? He’s a Chinese OMG. [sic]. I’ve fixed all the spaces. ‘B’ is a woman by herself.
- Mr. Yu: Make sure you manage B well so she doesn’t get caught up with anyone else.
- Kim: I’ll stick right next to her.
- Seungri: Do everything properly and don’t mess up.
- Yu: Pick someone who can serve her. Someone who can’t speak English. Someone like Lee. (Current Burning Sun CEO)
- Kim: We have the two main spaces and security will be right with them. I’ll take good care of them.
- Seungri: Good. How about girls? Pick the ones that’ll sleep with them without a fuss.
- Kim: I’m calling them, but I’m wondering if they’ll give in. They probably won’t sleep with them if it’s not you. I’m calling the cheap ones. Wow… the people that the girls have to take care of… There are 3 that are more pigs than I am. I called (redacted female name). I hear they’re Taiwanese gangsters.
- Singer ‘C’: Chinese people like plastic girls.
- Seungri: Just do well.
- Yu: I’m preparing the prostitutes, so when the two of them come, Kim, you take care of them and get them to hotel rooms. Two is enough, right?
- Kim: Yes. I sent two of the gangsters to the hotel rooms.
Since the allegations made headlines, YG Entertainment has issued a statement denying those claims. It reads:
“We are relaying Seungri’s statement that he sent us yesterday evening.
For the last month, regarding the unsettling issues and news that have been brought forth about him, Seungri has continuously expressed his apologies to everyone. Though it’s small, Seungri has revealed that he wishes to, as soon as possible, submit to drug tests as well as actively cooperate with investigations on all the allegations surrounding him.
YG Entertainment is of the same stance as Seungri, and our legal team will be contacting investigative authorities this morning to relay Seungri’s wishes to go into the station soon to cooperate with investigations.
We hope that through thorough investigations by the police, the truth of the indiscriminate rumors will be revealed, and if there is even the slightest issue, Seungri will have to accept the legal consequences.
Conversely, if the rumours are proved false, we will, in addition to requesting a police investigation, be preparing all routes of legal action.”
Do y’all think Seungri is innocent or guilty in this?