Jennifer Lawrence just said yes to her handsome boyfriend y’all.
The Oscar-winning actress has confirmed her engagement to Cooke Maroney via her rep, E! News reported. Since the lovebirds started dating in June last year, they haven’t shied away from dating under the public eye.
Lawrence, 28, and Maroney, 34, first sparked speculations when the bride-to-be was seen wearing a “massive ring” during a celebratory gathering at an upscale French restaurant in New York City.
“It was a giant rock. They seemed like they were celebrating and people were talking about it,” an onlooker told Page Six. “The ring was very noticeable. They were sitting back in a corner. She was wearing a cute black dress with white polka dots.”
For those curious about Lawrence’s fiance, here are a few fun facts we managed to dig out:
1. J. Law was first introduced to the art gallery director by her gal pal and date to the 2014 Oscars, Laura Simpson.
2. He grew up in Vermont. His parents – James Maroney and Suki Fredericks – grew tired of the city and opt to own a farm up north in Leicester. Maroney also has a younger sister named Annabelle.
3. It runs in the family. His dad was an art dealer in Manhattan and previously served as the Head of American Paintings at Christie’s. As the director of New York City’s Gladstone art gallery, Maroney’s high profile clients include several Hollywood A-listers.
4. He’s not very social media friendly. Not only is he absent from Facebook and Twitter, his Instagram is private and is just shy of 2,000 followers.
5. Maroney is great at making his new fiancée happy. An insider claimed, “She is smiling like I have never seen her do with any of her previous boyfriends.”
Congrats to the happy pair. They definitely appear to be in it for the long haul.