Planning to impress your loved ones with a sumptuous delicacies and speciality dishes this Chinese New Year? Look no further than Lai Ching Yuen at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur.
The recently-voted Best Chinese Restaurant in the Time Out Food & Drinks Awards Kuala Lumpur 2018 is stepping up their game yet again. In ushering the Year of the Pig, we were recently introduced to a myriad of mouth-watering dishes.
For the eye-catching Yee Sang with Sliced Abalone, we were immediately might the cute piggy buns with pink nose. Mixed with tangy plum sauce, this toppings for the yee sang include loh hei with radish, crushed peanuts, crunchy crackers, fresh Norwegian salmon, jelly fish, crispy fish skin, abalone, and homemade condiments.
The Hong Kong style roasted “pi pa” duck is special for a couple of reasons. Its thin skin is crispy and the juicy, flavourful meat simply melts in your mouth when you eat it. To prepare this dish, the duck is hung for 36 hours to dry before being marinated with honey, sugar, vinegar and rice wine. We’re told that it’s only available for this festive duration.
Other dishes that were served:
- Braised supreme shark’s fin soup
- Crispy grouper bone in salt and pepper & grouper fillets with spring onion and ginger
- Baked slipper lobster with superior broth
- Braised dried oyster with stuffed sea cucumber, mushroom and garden greens
- Chinese Wax Meat Rice in clay pot (salted duck meat, duck liver, Chinese sausage)
- Sweet Fancy Duet (traditional nian gao, sandwiched between yam and potato) with pineapple tarts
- Double boiled longan with sea coconut and white fungus
For those planning to dine in at Grand Millennium’s Lai Ching Yuen, do yourself a favour and do not miss out on their special festive Dim Sum menu for 2019. It left a lasting impression on our taste buds and appetite when we got to chow down on 5 exquisite celebratory choices.
- Steamed fish maw with prawn paste (RM38/ portion)
- Pan-fried vegetables soft bun (RM28/ portion)
- Deep-fried pickled cabbage and chicken spring roll (RM28/ portion)
- Steamed seafood dumpling with dry oyster (RM28/ portion)
- Crispy onion puffs with chicken ham (RM28/ portion)
Available from now till 19th February 2019, the CNY menu (non-halal) is priced at RM188 nett per person for a minimum of 4 persons and range from RM 1,888 nett, RM 2,888 nett and RM 3,888 nett per table of 10 for a 9-course set meal. For dining reservations or enquiries, guests may call +603-2117 4180 or email [email protected] Pre-payment is required for guaranteed booking.