After several months of dating, Chris Pratt has decided to pop the question to girlfriend Katherine Schwarzenegger.
The “Guardians of the Galaxy” star took to Instagram yesterday (Monday, 14th January) to share the happy engagement news with the world. The sweet Instagram photo showed the couple embracing with Katherine showing off her massive diamond engagement ring.
Since Katherine is rarely in the spotlight, we decided to do a little digging and come up with a list of fun facts. Curious to know more about the beautiful lady that has captured the Hollywood hunk’s affections? Scroll down:
1. The lovebirds are 10 years apart. Chris is 39 while Katherine is 29.
2. They were first photographed together on picnic date in June last year. Sources close to them claim that they had been dating months before that.
3. The duo became Instagram official on 14th December when Chris a sweet collage on his account.
4. Katherine comes from a famous family. She’s the eldest daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver. Her siblings include Christina, 26, and sons Patrick, 24, and Christopher, 20. She’s also a great-niece of the late president John F. Kennedy.
5. Her resume also includes successful author. she has 3 books to her name:
- “Rock What You’ve Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty From Someone Who’s Been There and Back Opens a New Window”(2010),
- “I Just Graduated … Now What? Honest Answers From Those Who Have Been There Opens a New Window” (2014)
- Children’s book “Maverick and Me” (2017)
View this post on Instagram
YOU GUYS! Mav and I are so excited that @bumble has finally created a way to help match you with your perfect pup! They are helping dogs find their forever homes and making dog adoption easier and better than ever! This week in select cities you will see dogs looking for a home in the app that you can actually match with. Plus, today they are donating to @ASPCA for every match! You all already know how much I love Maverick and animal rescue, so let’s support this important cause. Download the app and update your profile with the new dog badge so your matches know that you love animals. #findyourfido #bumblepartner #aspca
6. She’s also an animal lover. Katherine is an ambassador for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Opens a New Window (ASPCA). She also supports the Best Friends Animal Society Opens a New Window.
7. In addition to publishing books, she also blogs. Her articles mainly consist of food, fashion, animals and health.
8. The engagement ring is believed to be somewhere between the US$350,000 to US$400,000 range. “Ms. Schwarzenegger’s engagement ring appears to be an oval shaped diamond that weighs at least 5 carats that is set in a petite platinum setting to maximise the sparkle of this stunning diamond,” says Josh Marion, vice president of online jeweller Ritani Opens a New Window.
9. How did the family react? Katherine’s mum Maria commented “Love you. Enjoy this next chapter. Make it fun. You are so loved.” She also left a heartfelt message on Chris’ post, saying, “Congratulations to two loving, kind, caring, thoughtful, spiritual people. We are so happy for you. You are blessed as is everyone who knows you. Yes, let’s go.”
Chris’ ex Anna Faris also took to social media to express her excitement. “I’m so happy for you both! Congratulations!”
10. This will be the first marriage for Katherine and the 2nd for Chris. The actor was previously married to Anna, whom they share a son, 6-year-old Jack.
Congrats to the happy couple 😉