Our 61st Independence Day is just around the corner. Besides embracing our patriotism and nationalism as Malaysians, you can rock up to this year’s Merdeka Day with some awesome food promos.
Leading up to the long weekend, several food franchises are offering delicious offers so foodies can eat 24/7 – it’s what we do best. Ranging from set meals and finger food to desserts and drinks, here is a list of cheaper options to celebrate Merdeka Day.
The best part? Some of them are even free ;)
1. The Manhattan Fish Market
The Best Deal In Town is swimming back to The Manhattan Fish Market. During the 5 days promo, you can enjoy the signature Manhattan Fish ‘N Chips from only RM9.34 nett (inclusive of 10% Service Charge & 0% GST). Take your pick from Dory, Cherry Snapper, Giant Clarias, Icefish, Squid Crowns or Salmon. There are 2 cooking methods to choose from – Fried (comes with chippy chips & house salad) or Grilled (comes with pepper mash & hot veggies).
- Promo valid between 26th – 30th August 2018
- Available all day long and at all outlets in Malaysia. Valid for both dine in and takeaway.
2. GO Noodle House
Congrats to all 61-year-old babies! If you were born in 1957, you’ll get to enjoy a free bowl of noodles (selected options) courtesy of GO Noodle House. This offer is available for 1 whole month! Simply present your IC upon ordering to enjoy a free meal. Do note that it’s only limited to 1 bowl per person and valid for dine-in only.
- Promo valid between 17th August – 16th September 2018
- Promo duration: 3pm – 10pm (although certain outlets only limit it to 6pm)
- Available at all 30 outlets except Genting Highlands
3. Thai Hou Sek
Thai Hou Sek Malaysia is encouraging you to come with your friends and family during this promo season. For a minimum spending of RM50 in a single bill, diners can add on RM8.31 for another serving of Tom Yam goodness.
- Promo valid between 20th – 31st August 2018
- Available at: 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Arkadia (Desa Park City), Greens Terrace (TTDI), Mid Valley Megamall, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
4. Samy & Min Bak Kut Teh Malaysia
Thick, juicy, and tender, the Bak Kut Teh pork at Samy & Min BKT Malaysia is simply irresistible. Head on over to their outlet at Pavilion KL to enjoy their Buy 3 Free 1 Bak Kut Teh deal. The offer is only available till the end of this month.
- Promo valid between 20th – 31st August 2018
- Available at: Pavilion KL
5. Street Churros Malaysia
#JomChurros this Merdeka Day. Street Churros Malaysia is offering RM1 Churro Fries (normal price RM7.50) for Churro Fries which you can choose between 2 exciting savoury flavours – cheese or tomato flavour. This is only applicable to the first 31 customers from 3.10pm onwards at all outlets except SkyAvenue, Genting. Good luck and remember to flash this visual at the counter :)
6. Secret Recipe Malaysia
There are 2 promotions at Secret Recipe Malaysia this month. Currently, the on-going offer is 50% off on the 2nd Golden Egg dish when you order either the Golden Egg Crispy Chicken or Golden Egg Shrimp Pasta. This promo is valid from now till 30th August 2018 for dine-in on weekdays only. On 31st August however, dessert lovers will get to enjoy 61% off the 2nd slice of cake between 12pm – 5pm.
- Valid at all Secret Recipe outlets in Peninsular Malaysia excluding KLIA, PGIA, Subang Skypark, KTIA, PPUM, Medini Mall and AEON Mall Taiping.
7. CookieNation Malaysia
Dessert cravings are not to be taken lightly. Famed for their soft chewy baked cookies and crunchy cousins, CookieNation’s Merdeka promo has been running since the beginning of the month. Opt for the Crunchy, Sweet and Addictive selections from the Crunch Series, it’s so addictive you can eat them by the handful.
- Promo valid between 1st – 31st August 2018
- Available at: Sunway Nexis, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
8. Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart
Wanna get some free Oreo Thins? With every purchase of 6 pieces of cheese tarts, you get a box of free Oreo Thins. Throughout this month, Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart has been offering customers their Buy 3 Free 1 Cheese Tart promo every Wednesday. No word yet if this promo will carry on.
- Promo valid between 15th – 31st August 2018
- Available in Peninsular Malaysia only
9. Uji Cha Malaysia
Satisfy your sweet tooth at Uji Cha with their signature cone parfaits at 20% off this month. These Japanese ice creams come in various flavours – Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido, Okinawa, and of course Uji Cha.
10. Tsujiri Malaysia
It’s the battle of the ice creams as Tsujiri Malaysia will also be offering ice cream lovers a discount on their Matcha and Houjicha soft serves. It’ll be priced at RM6.10 in conjunction with Malaysia’s 61st birthday.
- Promo valid between 27th – 31st August 2018
- Available at Damansara Uptown, Solaris Mont Kiara, Lot 10 Shopping Centre, Austin
11. Baskin Robbins
As usual, on the 31st of each month, Baskin Robbins has a 31% promo off their ice creams. Well, guess what? This promo is 3 days long from 29th till 31st August. The offer is applicable only for their handpacked ice cream, no matter the size (pints, quarts, and half-gallons) and flavour, in all of their outlets.
In celebration of our National month, Tealive has rolled out 2 creamy Buaharaja milkshakes – the Durian and Cempedak flavours. Available only at selected outlets, the promo ends on 31st August.
13. Famous Amos Malaysia
Can’t get enough of chocolate cookies? During this Merdeka week, Famous Amos Malaysia will be on their civic duty to give out 50% extra cookies (that is 150g cookies) for every purchase of 300g cookies in bag. The offer is valid till this Friday.
- Promo valid between 25th – 31st August 2018
- Available at all outlets
Enjoy these promos, peeps, and Happy Merdeka Day from all of us at Hype Malaysia ?