Late last year, we have learned that Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been accused of sexually assaulting teen pop singer Melissa Schuman – member of girl group Dream – 15 years ago.

Though Nick has vehemently denied the accusation, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office has revealed that they are currently reviewing the rape allegations to determine if Nick should face charges.

Source: CNN

The Santa Monica Police Department said it presented the case to the District Attorney’s office on Tuesday (7th August) after Melissa filed a sexual harassment case to the department in February.

In November 2017, Melissa wrote in her blog that she was forced to perform sexual acts and engage in sexual intercourse with the Backstreet Boys member despite her repeated refusals.

Nick who is currently married to Lauren Kitt and has a 2-year-old son named Odin, expressed that he was “shocked and saddened” by the accusations.

“Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual. We went on to record a song and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally. This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later,” Nick said in a statement.

“It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

ADVERTISEMENT

 Source: Deadline.

Previous articleOrganiser Unveiled Date & Venue For Winner’s Malaysian Concert
Next articleKRU’s RM10 Million Animated Film “Wheely” To Screen In 100 Countries
Annie May
I'm Annie and I was born in May...and I like Anime ~ (ba dum tss) Email: [email protected]