Is the wait finally over?
Yang Hyun Suk has stated that BLACKPINK will be making their comeback in mid-June. He revealed this piece of good news on his Instagram today (Thursday, 17th May).
In the post, he answered questions posted by netizens on Korean web portals.
Translations are as follows:
- Please provide us with an album…it’s been already so many years and yet we have not had a physical album since (BLACKPINK’s) debut
- You’re right, this will not happen this time around
- If you’re going to market their comeback at least give us a date before you market!!
- Okay.. BLACKPINK’s comeback is planned for mid-June
- Instead of continuously delaying their comeback, please just give BLACKPINK a comeback!! Please
- Okay. BLACKPINK’s comeback will be in mid-June, from then BLACKPINK will have “steady” comebacks till the end of the year
- Stop saying that you’re still working and getting ready for the album, how many years has it already been
- I’m sorry, we really have been planning for their best this comeback, we will reward you for waiting for so long.
Fans seem to be tired of all the waiting, as BLACKPINK hasn’t release any new song since “As If It’s Your Last” in June last year. This is extremely unusual for k-pop groups, who usually make comebacks every 3 or 4 months.
Last week, insiders revealed that BLACKPINK filmed their comeback MV.
Take Yang Hyunsuk’s promise with a grain of salt, though, as YG Entertainment is known for delaying their artistes’ comebacks. BLACKPINK was also reported to make a comeback in January this year, but nothing came out of it.