Always and forever.
As we approach the fifth and final season premiere of “The Originals“, set to air on 20th April, fans can now take a look at the first teaser trailer. A lot has changed for the original vampire family since we last saw them. Here are 10 things to take note:
1. “The Originals” season five has a total of 13 episodes.
2. Hope Mikaelson (pictured above) is now a teenager (played by Danielle Rose Russell). It looks like her time at the Salvatore Boarding School has taught her how to harness her impressive powers.
3. Despite the warning – “If the four Mikaelsons come together, it will signal darkness like we’ve never known” – the Mikaelson’s reunion is inevitable.
4. Elijah is still clueless as ever about his vampire nature; which explains him baking in the sunlight. You may remember Marcel compelling him during season 4.
5. Marcel still has some unfinished business with New Orleans. Yes, he may have followed Rebekah to New York City but his heart will always belong to New Orleans.
6. Hayley is now sporting a shorter hairdo and a new eye candy named Declan. The man in question is played by “Reign” actor Torrance Coombs.
7. When asked about the main threat, series creator Julie Plec explains, “The Big Bad this year is launched from an ideology more so than one singular person’s nefarious desire. It’s an ideology that was spawned almost a century ago, a movement that has been simmering and stewing over that century. It does have a personal connection to the Mikaelson family, but it also has a thematic resonance that is very timely.”
8. Several familiar faces are noticeably missing from the first teaser: Davina Claire and Camille O’Connell. Both Danielle Campbell and Leah Pipes will reprise their roles for the final season.
9. Caroline Forbes (played by Candice King) will also be making her cameo in multiple episodes. Her role is mainly to be a “guiding counsellor to Klaus in terms of fatherhood”. “She’s a mother, she lost her husband and she knows (Klaus) very well — better than some of the people in New Orleans. She understands the desire he has to be a good person in the name of his daughter, and she’s very quick to recognise that he’s not doing a very good job. She’s a friend, she’s a support system and she calls him on his shit,” Plec says of Caroline.
10. One of your favourite couples will already be married. It’s Kol and Davina! If you recall, one of the last shots from last season showed Kol purchasing a diamond engagement ring. Sadly, their blissful honeymoon phase won’t last long.
Hit the play button on the teaser trailer below:
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia