Bad news for Klang Valley residents. Various areas in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling, Shah Alam, Klang, and more will be facing water disruption next week.
Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas) announced that the water cut, which will take place from 6th March (Tuesday) till 9th March (Friday), is to facilitate emergency repair works at a water treatment plant.
According to Syabas, Splash, which is the operator of the Sungai Selangor Phase 3 (SSP3) water treatment plant, will be carrying out critical equipment repair works for 10 hours. As such, a total plant shutdown is inevitable. The water supply restoration for residents living in the Klang Valley will differ based on their geographical location and altitude.
The water cut schedule are as follows:
- Petaling: 6th March (8am) – 7th March (9pm)
- Klang/ Shah Alam: 6th March (8am) – 9th March (9am)
- Gombak: 6th March (8am) – 8th March (12am)
- Kuala Lumpur: 6th March (8am) – 8th March (9pm)
- Kuala Langat: 6th March (8am) – 7th March (3pm)
- Hulu Selangor: 6th March (8am) – 7th March (9pm).
The housing areas that will be affected in each region are listed in the table below (click the image to enlarge):
You know the drill, use water sparingly and store enough for use when the water disruption takes place. If your gym or local sports centre isn’t affected, take advantage of it and sneak some showers there.
For more information, hit up Syabas’ website here.
Source: The Star.