Did you wish for a new smartphone this Christmas? As we approach 2018, WhatsApp will be making several changes that will inevitably effect some users.
By the end of this month, the popular messaging app will will no longer support a number of old smartphone systems. According to the company, these old platforms won’t have the capabilities to assist the app’s latest features.
The following platforms are no longer supported:
- Android versions older than 2.3.3
- Windows Phone 7
- iPhone 3GS/iOS 6
- Nokia Symbian S60
For the following platforms, you can no longer create new accounts, nor re-verify existing accounts. However, you’ll be able to continue using WhatsApp:
- BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 until December 31, 2017
- Windows Phone 8.0 and older until December 31, 2017
- Nokia S40 until December 31, 2018
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older until February 1, 2020
For more information, do refer to WhatsApp’s website here.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia