Impressive light installations, LED swings, light shows, and interactive art to ignite all your senses – we’re talking about Malaysia’s first and largest light art festival.
Called “Between the City and Stars”, the upcoming exhibition is set to take place at Lightbox later this month. The exciting event will bring together international and local artists to showcase their artistic ideas through various mediums.
Located at Sungai Buloh, Lightbox is less than 20 minutes away from Desa ParkCity and One Utama Shopping Mall. Is it worth checking out? There will be plenty of amazing light art displays to capture those Instagram-worthy images. Lightbox even promises that the upcoming light art festival will be an experience “that transports you to the euphoric world between the city and stars”.
- Created by designers Sergio Alves (Portugal) and Henrique Nascimento (The Netherlands), Dreamscape is a sensorial celebration which immerses you in a magical world like never before.
2. LED Light Swings
- Relive your inner childhood by swinging on these futuristic swings.
3. Aurora Laser Show
- Can’t afford to experience the Northern Lights? A new euphoric show awaits you. The Aurora Laser Show will apparently take place for 5 minutes every hour.
4. Brick Lane
- Tomi Heri with Snozze & Snaketwo will preview their “Art On Floor” on the Brick Lane (curated by ArtSeni founder Philip Wong). In addition, those who love to show off their dance moves can also hit the dance floor at the Public Disco section.
5. City Gazing
- Dutch art duo VOUW Justus Bruns & Mingus Vogel will showcase their depiction of Kuala Lumpur city by using thousands of lights.
6. Secret Rendezvous
- This is arguably the most romantic spot dedicated to all you lovers out there. Don’t forget to “lock” your love together 😉
The details to “Between the City and Stars” are as follows:
- Dates: 24th November 2017 – 1st January 2018
- Venue: Lightbox, Sungai Buloh
- Address: Jalan LGSB 1/1, Pusat Komersial LGSB, Off Jalan Hospital, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor
- Opening hours: 6pm – 11pm (Weekdays); 6pm – 12am (Weekends & Public Holidays)
- Ticketing: RM25 (Early Bird), RM35 (Normal Price)
Don’t miss out on the early bird discount by securing your tickets before 24th November. Each admission ticket is also valid 1 week; that means you’ll get to visit “Between the City and Stars” again and again throughout that duration.