After much anticipation, the “BOYS24” project has finally announced its debut members on Saturday (12th August) via V Live. The new 9-member idol group consists of Hwang Inho, Jeong Yeontae, Kim Jinsub, Kim Sunghyun, Yoo Youngoo, Jin Sungho, Lee Inpyo, Han Hyunuk, and Malaysian-born Isaac Voo.
For the uninitiated, “BOYS24” is an idol survival programme that began airing last August. There were 27 members in the show and they were divided into 4 units. According to Soompi, the boys have completed 260 concerts since the show began.
Following the show’s announcement, many Malaysian netizens congratulated Isaac for being the first Malaysian to debut as a K-Pop idol in South Korea. “Make Malaysians proud aye,” commented an Instagram user.
Wanna know more about Isaac? Here 7 quick facts about the singer:
1. His full name is Isaac Voo Kai Meng.
2 Born in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on 12th December 1994, he is the youngest in his family.
3. Prior to joining “BOYS24”, he was one of the 4 finalists in AlphaBAT’s audition in Malaysia.
4. Isaac attended Sekolah Menengah Lok Yuk and was part of the school’s volleyball team.
5. The 23-year-old idol started dancing at the age of 17.
6. He had joined the 2015 SM Global Audition in Singapore 2015.
7. His fandom name is Sparkle.
Congratulations Isaac! We wish you all the best in your K-Pop venture 🙂