Since Netflix’s “13 Reasons Why” will surpass the original novel written by Jay Asher, fans (who have read the book and followed the series) will get to see some new faces in season 2.
The upcoming series is currently in production and Netflix has just unveiled a host of new characters that have never been introduced in the “13 Reasons Why” storyline before. According to Variety, none of the new cast are series regular, but they will appear in most of the episodes throughout next’s season.
The 7 new cast are:
- Kelli O’Hara (“Masters of Sex”), who’ll play Jackie, an “advocate for victims of bullying”.
- Ben Lawson (“Doubt”) as Rick, Liberty High’s baseball coach.
- Anne Winters (“Tyrant”) as new head cheerleader Chloe.
- Bryce Cass (“The Night Shift”) as mischievous student Cyrus.
- Chelsea Alden (“American Horror Story: Roanoke”) as Cyrus’ artsy sister Mackenzie.
- Samantha Logan (“The Fosters”) as track star Nina.
- Allison Miller (“Incorporated”) as ambitious young lawyer Sonja.
To recap, the 1st season of “13 Reasons Why” centred on Hannah Baker (played by Katherine Langford), a high school girl who committed suicide but not before leaving behind 13 cassette tapes. Inside, she explains 13 reasons why she decided to take her own life.
“What I can tell you is certainly one question I got a lot is, ‘Well how can there be a season two when the story is over?’ I’m like, ‘What story is over?’ And people are like ‘Hannah’s,’ and I’m like, well no, Hannah told her version of the events but there are at least 12 kids that have another version of those events that we haven’t really heard from yet, so I think there’s quite a bit more of Hannah’s story to tell,” said executive producer Brian Yorkey.
“13 Reasons Why” season 2 will debut on Netflix in 2018.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia