The “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” sequel has recently started shooting in the United Kingdom. Following the events from the first movie, “Fantastic Beasts 2” will follow British magizoologist Newt Scamander as he travels to UK and Paris.
Set in 1927, new plot details for the upcoming untitled sequel has been revealed. In addition, the prequel spin-off will feature some new faces, including some that were previously introduced.
The plot synopsis is as follows:
“As he promised he would, Grindelwald has made a dramatic escape and has been gathering more followers to his cause — elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one who might be able to stop him is the wizard he once called his dearest friend, Albus Dumbledore.
“But Dumbledore will need help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander. The adventure reunites Newt with Tina, Queenie, and Jacob, but his mission will also test their loyalties as they face new perils in an increasingly dangerous and divided wizarding world.”
Joining Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, and Dan Fogler are:
- Jude Law as the young Albus Dumbledore
- Zoe Kravitz as Newt’s former love interest, Leta Lestrange
- Callum Turner as Newt’s brother and Auror, Theseus Scamander
- Claudia Kim who plays “young woman we first meet as a featured attraction at a wizarding circus”
- Ólafur Darri Ólafsson as Skender, who runs the wizarding circus
- William Nadylam as a wizard named Yusuf Kama
- Ingvar Sigurdsson as a bounty hunter named Grimmson
- Kevin Guthrie as Abernathy, whom we met as Tina and Queenie’s boss at MACUSA (Magical Congress of the USA)
David Yates is returning to the director’s chair. “Fantastic Beasts 2” will be the 2nd of 5 planned movies and is expected to hit cinemas on 18 November 2018.