On Tuesday (30th May), a small fire broke out at a store located on the 3rd floor in Mid Valley Megamall. The incident, which happened around 8:30pm, was caused by a malfunctioning fax machine.

Fortunately, it was quickly brought under control by the Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department, who arrived at the shopping mall at 8:38pm. Moreover, there were no casualties reported.

“The department was alerted when we received a distress call from the public after the fire alarm at the shopping mall was sounded,” said Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department director Khirudin Drahman. “Checks by the Fire and Rescue Department showed that the fire started in a room in the 3rd floor.”

In a Facebook statement, Mid Valley Megamall said that smoke was detected at the lower ground floor at 8:20pm. The mall also apologised for the distress the fire had caused, adding, “The safety of our customers and visitors remain our utmost priority.”

In another news that took place around the same time as the fire, a woman collapsed on the 3rd floor of Mid Valley Megamall. The Star and Oriental Daily reported that the incident is unrelated to the fire and was sent to a nearby hospital for treatment. China Press noted that she collapsed due to health reasons.

Sources: NST, MalaysiakiniThe StarOriental DailyChina Press.

Previous article#GoldenChild: Rookie Group To Have Reality Show; INFINITE Sungyeol To Host
Next article#KDrama: tvN unveils First Teaser Trailer For “Bride Of The Water God”
Estee Ang
Love new experiences and the colour purple. Did I also mention that I am obsessed with K-pop as much as I am with food?