KLites, you might be experiencing some inconvenience later this week, so do take note.
Selected roads around the city will be closed this Sunday (21st May) to make way for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2017 (SCKLM). Similar to last year, the main highways – Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway (DUKE) and Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH) – will be closed.
AKLEH lanes will be closed entirely from 1:30am to 10:30am, while the west-bound direction of DUKE will be shut down from 2:30am to 11:30am. A stretch connecting Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2) to the aforementioned 2 highways will also be closed from 4:30am to 9:30am.
Other road closures on race day include:
- Jalan Raja Laut
- Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Raja Chulan
- Jalan Dang Wangi
- Jalan Ampang
- Jalan Perak
- Jalan P. Ramlee
- Jalan Tun Razak
- Jalan Jelatek (until 9:30)
- Jalan Kuching towards the Segambut roundabout
The above roads will be closed from 3:30am to 10:30am. A section of Jalan Kuching from Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar (Persiaran Mahameru) to Jalan Parlimen will be closed until 11:30am.
Important to note:
- Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman will be closed from midnight till 10am.
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim (Jalan Duta) and Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar will be closed from 2am to 12:30pm.
- Jalan Sultan Salahuddin will be closed from 2:30am to 12:30pm.
- Jalan Parlimen from Bank Negara to Jalan Tanglin will be closed from 3am to 11am.
- Bank Negara to Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar will be closed from 4:30am to 12:30am.
- Road closures affecting the Segambut roundabout, Jalan Langgak Tunku, Jalan Tunku, Jalan Tun Ismail, Jalan Damansara, and Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin will also take place at 4:30am onwards.
- Jalan Raja will be closed starting this Friday (19th May) at 8pm, and will only reopen on on Sunday at 2:30pm.
- The public can use alternative routes or public transport to the city centre.
For details, visit their website or call Hotline Gerakan Traffic at 0320719777.
Source: Paul Tan.