tvN’s “Goblin” (도깨비) is coming to end and let’s face it, we’re already suffering from major K-Drama withdrawal symptoms. So we thought that it would be great to compile a list of the television show’s filming spots for all you wanderlusters and K-Drama fans.
The drama features many scenic and picturesque locations which are located all around South Korea (mostly Seoul and Incheon). From Kim Shin house to Sunny’s BBQ Olive Chicken Cafe, here are 7 real-life landmarks in South Korea that every K-Drama fan should visit:
1. Jumunjin Beach @ Gangwon-do
In the first episode of “Goblin”, Ji Eun Tak (played by Kim Go Eun) accidentally summoned Kim Shin aka the Goblin (played by Gong Yoo) by blowing out the candles of her birthday cake at Jumunjin Beach. The beach is known for being a great place for family outing due to its shallow water.
- Address: 81-32 Gyohang-ri, Jumunjin-eup, Gangneung, Gangwon-do, South Korea
2. Uhnyeongung Western House @ Seoul
Uhnyeongung Western House (literal translation) was only used to shoot the exterior of the Goblin’s white mansion. Located in Jongno-gu, Seoul, the mansion is also part of Deoksung Women’s University.
- Address: 464 Samil-daero, Unni-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Contact: +82 2-766-9090
3. Borinara Hakwon Farm @ Jeollabuk-do
Borinara Hakwon Farm is the place where Kim Shin’s body was dumped after he was stabbed in the chest with his sword. White buckwheat flowers blossom from late summer to early autumn. According to Kim Shin, buckwheat flowers symbolises lovers.
The large-scale barley farm is also South Korea’s largest barley field.
- Address: 158-6 Hagwonnongjang-gil, Gongeum-myeon, Kochang, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
4. Hanmi Bookstore @ Incheon
With a pale yellow exterior, Hanmi Bookstore is a neighbourhood bookstore that is located in Incheon. Kim Shin visits this book shop frequently and it is aslo the place where Samshin (goddess of birth, played by Lee El) warned him about Ji Eun Tak’s fate.
- Address: 14-5 Geumgok-ro, Dong-gu, Incheon, South Korea
5. BBQ Olive Chicken Cafe @ Gangnam
In the drama, BBQ Olive Chicken Cafe is owned by Sunny aka Kim Sun (played by Yoo In Na) and Ji Eun Tak works there as a part-timer.
- Address: 687-2 Irwon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
6. Chocolatier Zino @ Paju
The Canadian steak restaurant that was visited by Kim Shin and Ji Eun Tak is actually located in Chocolatier Zino, Paju, not in Quebec. Chocolatier Zino is a European-inspired designer building.
- Address: 195-56 Saeori-ro, Tanhyeon-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
7. Yongdap Station Bridge @ Seoul
Located at Yongdap station exit 2, this bridge is the meeting place of grim reaper aka Wang Yeo (played by Lee Dong Wook) and Sunny.
- Address: 86 Yongdapgil, 127 Yongdap-dong,