It is without a doubt that seafood, particularly fish, play a big part in our everyday meals. Be it crabs, prawns, or lobster – you name it, we love it! Luckily for us Malaysians, all sorts of fresh seafood are easily found in markets or supermarkets as Malaysia is surrounded by the ocean.
Over the past few years, many restaurants specialising in seafood have emerged around town. Adapting a “hands on” dining experience, many of these places have some pretty delicious and unique creations. So unless you’re allergic to seafood, here are some of the best seafood platters in Klang Valley:
1. Weekend Food Feast @ Steaks & Lobsters
Steaks and Lobsters has more than just steaks and lobsters. On weekend afternoons, the western eatery serves a mean plate of deep fried seafood (oysters, prawns, Canadian lobster, Indonesian crab, and more) and beautifully grilled steaks topped with an aromatic grilled cheese sauce made of sharp cheddar and mild mozzarella. That’s not all, the restaurant also offers free flow cold pressed juices and sparkling wine for a good price.
Note: The seafood platter is only available on Saturday and Sunday, 12pm – 3pm.
- Address: 42, Jalan 24/70a, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 5:30pm – 12am
- Tel: 012-743 7167
2. Kai’s Platter @ Kai’s Plato
Located in Encorp Strand, Kota Damansara, Kai’s Plato specialty is their steamed seafood platter. Patrons are advised to eat the dish “layer by layer” as the array of seafood is cooked in multi-tier steamer. The 1st and 2nd layers are usually filled with squids, tiger prawns, baby abalones, mussels, and clams while the 3rd layer contains crabs, slipper lobsters, and scallops. The last tier is a rich soup that is packed with the seafood’s “essence”. Yum!
The restaurant is usually packed, so try to make reservations before you get your fill of some “vitamin sea” 😉 Kai’s Plato also has another outlet in Kota Kemuning.
Note: They have wine buffet at only RM25 from Monday to Friday, 7pm – 9pm.
- Address: 12, Jalan PJU 5/1, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 3pm; 6pm – 12am
- Tel: 017-283 2883
3. Cheesy Mozzarella Seafood Set @ 33 Seafood
In recent years, Puchong has become one of the best areas for food hunting. Tucked away in Bandar Puteri, 33 Seafood is famed for their seafood dishes, particularly the Cheesy Mozzarella Seafood Set, which comes with a free jug of drink. You should also try their otak-otak, sambal friend rice, chicken wings, and giant ABC (aka ice kacang). The restaurant also serves many other Chinese dishes that will certainly satisfy your cravings.
- Address: 72, Jalan Puteri 2/2, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong
- Opening Hours: 5pm – 11pm
- Contact: [email protected]
4. Louisiana Cajun Style Seafood Set @ Just Seafood
True to its name, Just Seafood only serves seafood and nothing else. Located in Sunway Giza Mall, the casual food joint’s must-try is definitely the incredibly fragrant Louisiana Cajun Style Seafood Set. Just in case you didn’t know, Cajun sauce is made of garlic, onions, and various spices such as cayenne pepper and paprika. Each set comes with a side of potatoes, carrots, corns, and refillable rice.
Alternatively, customers can choose to order the Buttermilk Style Seafood Set.
- Address: A-9-G, No. 2 Jalan PJU5/14 PJU5, Dataran Sunway, 47810 Petaling Jaya
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 10:30pm
- Tel: 012-229 0855
5. XO+Spicy Seafood Combo @ Sector 7
XO+Spicy Seafood Combo is every spicy food lover’s dream dish. Savoury and hot, the platter consists of fresh clams, baby octopuses, prawns, lobsters, and crabs. Each set is served with baked potatoes, corn, aubergine, and baguettes. This sinful meal is best savoured with some refreshing cold beers while facing SetiaWalk’s beautiful fountain. Now, doesn’t that sound like the perfect Friday night plan? ?
If you don’t fancy spicy food, you can opt for the lemon cream sauce instead.
Note: Plastic gloves are provided 🙂
- Address: B.11.G, Level Ground, Block B, SetiaWalk, Persiaran Wawasan, Bandar Puteri, 47160, Puchong
- Opening Hours: Thursday – Sunday, 4pm – 2am; Friday and Saturday, 4pm – 3am
- Tel: 010-899 3535
6. Signature Roast Fish (發記招牌特色烤鱼) @ Fatt Kee
Managed by a husband and wife pair, Fatt Kee’s Signature Roast Fish has been setting Facebook abuzz for many months. The mouth-watering Chinese-inspired delicacy is served on a silver pan and it is cooked with various vegetables in a flavourful broth. There are 7 levels of spiciness, so order wisely as the chillies (which are a combination of Malaysian, Vietnamese, Brazilian, and Chinese chillies) are no joke. Don’t say that we didn’t warn you!
- Address: 25, Lorong Yap Hin, Off Jalan Pasar, Pudu, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 5pm – 12am
- Tel: 016-916 3999
7. Ultimate Seafood Platter (终极海宝大拼盘) @ Seafood Station
Don’t know which flavour to choose? Why not try them all by ordering Seafood Station’s Ultimate Seafood Platter! Not only does the dish come with at least 5 different seafood, it also comes with 6 different sauces – salted egg yolk, butter, kam heong, chilli, Nyonya, and coffee. Available in regular (4-5 pax) and large (8pax), customers are required to make their orders at least 1 day in advance.
- Address: 48-G, Jalan Bunga Tanjung 10, Taman Muda, 56100 Batu 9, Cheras
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday, 3pm – 11pm; Saturday and Sunday, 1pm – 11pm
- Tel: 018-2952728 / 012-6444318
- Shell Out, Kota Damansara/ Setia Alam/ Publika/ G-Village
- Vitamin Sea, Seri Kembangan
- Ocean Hauz, Bangi
- Resepi Timur, Shah Alam
- Bariani Heritage Kitchen, Shah Alam
- Geo’s Hartamas, Desa Sri Hartamas
Feeling peckish? Then gather your friends and family to try one of the above scrumptious seafood delights today! If you know of any other restaurants that you think the world should know about, drop us a note in the comments below ?