Songkran, known for its iconic water festival, is celebrated in Thailand as the traditional New Year from 13th – 15th April. In a month’s time, Bangkok and Asia’s biggest 3-day Songkran music festival, S₂O, will return with its 2nd edition at the heart of the capital at party central Show DC Oasis Arena.
Last year’s 4-day S₂O festival attracted a total of 34,00 people. Of whom, 20% were revellers from Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, and Indonesia.
Organiser Woody World is anticipating a spike of some 36,000 fun-seekers over 3 days, with 12,000 on each night this year.
S₂O 2016 packs a punch compared to last year’s (S₂O 2015 main draw were Deadmau5 and Afrojack) as it promises to wow revellers with an even more elaborate staging and impressive line-up of international acts – headliners Afrojack, Nicky Romero, Deorro, and MAKJ – alongside Apster, D-Wayne, Oliver Rosa, Quintino, Ravitez, Soda, Tony Junior, VINAI, Wolf Pack, and YVES V.
Day 1 will see American superstar DJs Deorro and MAKJ’s first ever festival show in Thailand while Day 2 will be headlined by Nicky Romero (NL), alongside VINAI (IT) and YVES V (BE). Day 3, which is the finale of S₂O, will see Dutch DJ Afrojack present his curated programme – JACKED – for the first time in
Thailand on 15th April (5pm – midnight).
On top of that, some of the new water features that will provide for an even better Songkran party experience this year include:
- Huge water towers surrounding the wet zone spraying continuous streams of water everywhere.
- New custom-made drones that shoot water – the first for any event.
- Special 3D water projection show brought by Heineken.
- The stage is 20 meters high, decorated as gigantic water towers.
- New high pressure water hoses mounted in front and on top of the stage that can cover the entire wet zone
Last but not least, while fun-seekers will be wet, they certainly won’t be hungry!
There will be dozens of Bangkok’s best food trucks and hawker food stalls camping out on the festival ground, serving everything from Thai favourites, ramen to comfort food, and burgers, with prices starting from US$1 (35 THB).
Details are as follows:
- Date: 13th – 15th April 2016 (Wednesday – Friday)
- Time: 5pm – midnight on each day
- Venue: Show DC Oasis Arena
- Ticketing: S₂O single-day ticket is priced at US$51 (1,800 THB) and VIP single-day ticket is priced at US$71 (2,500 THB).
Tickets are available for purchase here.
For more pictures from last year’s event, check out the gallery below: