Bad news, Tobias Jesso Jr. fans 🙁
The Canadian singer-songwriter has pulled out of his scheduled performance at St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival in Singapore next year.
Tobias started his career in music as a bassist for the band called The Sessions and eventually for former teen pop singer Melissa Cavatti. Titled “Goon”, his debut album was released in 2015. He is also known for co-writing Adele‘s “When We Were Young“.
The Canadian musician announced that he had to cancel his appearance at the Laneway Festival 2016 in Singapore due to “conflicting commitments with his songwriting and recording obligations”.
In a press statement, he said:
I’m sorry to let everyone down, and appreciate all of your love, support, and understanding.
His planned gig for St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival would have marked his first time performing in Singapore.
The 6th edition of St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival will return to Singapore with a slew of diverse yet spectacular music lineup on 30th January 2016 (Saturday) at The Meadow, Gardens By The Bay.
Known for its creative collaborations with food markets and local art installations, the festival is moving beyond the indie music genre and feature acts like:
- Beach House
- Big Scary
- Cashew Chemists
- East India Youth
- Hudosn Mohawke
- Purity Ring
- Riot !N Magenta
- The Internet
- Violent Soho
- The 1975
The full dates and venues for Laneway Festival 2016 are as follows:
- 30th January (Saturday) – SINGAPORE – The Meadow, Gardens By The Bay
- 1st February (Monday) – AUCKLAND – Silo Park
- 5th February (Friday) – ADELAIDE – Harts Mill, Port Adelaide (16+)
- 6th February (Saturday) – BRISBANE – Brisbane Showgrounds, Bowen Hills (16+)
- 7th February (Sunday) – SYDNEY – Sydney College of the Arts (SCA), Rozelle
- 13th February (Saturday) – MELBOURNE – Footscray Community Arts Centre (FCAC) and the River’s Edge
- 14th February (Sunday) – FREMANTLE – Esplanade Reserve and West End
You can purchase your tickets via Sistic.