However, it seems like he isn’t ready to settle on a title for this movie yet.
At the AFI Film Festival last Thursday (12th November), the “Alien” director revealed that the sequel, which once was titled “Alien: Paradise Lost”, now goes by the name of “Alien: Covenant“.
During the event, Scott mentioned how he replaced Drew Goddard in directing “The Martian“. He also announced the new title of “Prometheus 2”, to view what kind of crowd reaction he would be able to gather.
I was going to be doing what will be called “Alien: Covenant”, which starts shooting next February.
“And we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called “The Martian”,’ and I said, ‘Huh’. And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, I need to talk to Drew”, he added.
Goddard had originally written “The Martian” for himself, but he was thrilled to hand over the project to Scott. As a matter of fact, he was the one who proposed that Scott should take over.
20th Century Fox and Scott did not announce any sort of timeline and details for the sequel, but the director previously revealed that it will “pull back from the Xenomorphs and introduce a new alien instead”. It is unclear if the original cast members such as Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace will return to the sequel too.
“Alien: Covenant” will start production in February 2016 and it is set to be released on 30th May 2017.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia