One sure sign that Guillermo del Toro‘s “Crimson Peak” is one of the most highly-anticipated horror movies of the year is when horror legend Stephen King himself tweeted that it is “gorgeous and “f***ing terrifying” and that it “electrified” him in the same way Sam Rami’s “Evil Dead” did.
Del Toro, dubbed the Spanish master of horror, is best known for his work on 2004’s “Hellboy” and 2006’s “Pan’s Labyrinth”.
After directing a non-horror movie (“Pacific Rim“) in 2013, del Toro creeped back to his Spanish horror roots through this gothic period film that he co-wrote with Matthew Robbins and Lucina Coxon.
The character-driven film is produced by Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Callum Greene, and del Toro himself. The film has been rated R as it consists of sexual and violent content.
“Alice in Wonderland” star Mia Wasikowska plays Edith Cushing, a young woman who falls in love with Sir Thomas Sharpe, a mysterious yet charismatic suitor (played by Tom Hiddleston). She is taken back to his ancestral home, but it is from there that she discovers the horrifying truth about her husband and the house that “breathes, bleeds, and remembers”.
The official synopsis is as follows:
IN THE AFTERMATH OF A FAMILY TRAGEDY, AN ASPIRING AUTHOR IS TORN BETWEEN LOVE FOR HER CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND THE TEMPTATION OF A MYSTERIOUS OUTSIDER. TRYING TO ESCAPE THE GHOSTS OF HER PAST, SHE IS SWEPT AWAY TO A HOUSE THAT BREATHES, BLEEDS…AND REMEMBERS.
Thanks to our friends from United International Pictures Malaysia, we’re giving away exclusive premiere screening passes for “Crimson Peak”.
Yup, you heard that right 😉
Deets of the premiere screening are as follows:
- Date: 13th October (Tuesday)
- Time: 9pm
- Venue: GSC 1 Utama
To win the passes, all you gotta do is tell us:
- True or false: “Sherlock” actor Benedict Cumberbatch was originally sought for Tom Hiddleston’s role, but he eventually dropped out of the production.
- True or false: “Crimson Peak” was labelled by Empire Magazine as one of the films to watch in 2015.
- Why should we pick you as the winner?
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to [email protected]. Each winner walks away with 4 tickets per person!
There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis so go on and start sending in those e-mails. The faster your are, the higher your chances will be.
Good luck 😉
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 6th October (Tuesday), 6pm.
Co-produced by Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures, “Crimson Peak” is slated for release on 16th Oct 2015.
For more information, visit the movie’s official website.