If y0u’re musically talented and you love Imagine Dragons, chances are you’re going to want to catch their “Smoke + Mirrors” Tour live in Singapore. That is, of course, if you’re also going to Universal Music Malaysia‘s “Battle of the Bands” competition.
Through the competition, the label is looking to sending the winning band to see Imagine Dragons live in Singapore on 25th August. Not only will the lucky band get to catch the concert in Singapore, they will also get to meet Imagine Dragons up close and personal!
Yup, this is not an April Fools’ joke.
Here’s how you can stand a chance at winning:
- Upload a 1 minute long video to Facebook performing any Imagine Dragons’ songs from their latest album titled “Smoke + Mirrors” and hashtag #imaginedragonsbotb #smokeandmirrorstour.
- 6 finalists will be announced to compete at the Grand Finale by 10th August.
- Win the Grand Finale and fly off to Singapore for the concert and meet the band!
Video submissions close on 7th August 2015.
The 6 finalists will need to impress the judges which include SOG (Sekumpulan Orang Gila, winner of the high profile Celcom UOX Battle Of The Bands ’11), the Universal Music Malaysia representative, and the Raku representative at the “Battle of the Bands” Grand Finale.
The details are as follows:
- Date: 16th August 2015
- Time: 7:30pm – 10pm
- Venue: The Bee, Publika
The first and second runner up will be able to walk away with valuable prizes, courtesy of UMM’s sponsors, while the champion will be flying off to Singapore to see the American rock band.
Think you deserve the chance to see Imagine Dragons in Singapore? Then show off your talent to Universal Music Malaysia! Don’t forget to check out some fun facts about the band below:
- Imagine Dragons is an American rock band hailed from Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The band consists of vocalist/percussionist Dan Reynolds and his bandmates – guitarist Wayne Sermon, bassist Ben McKee, and drummer Daniel Platzman.
- The band independently released 3 EPs, toured extensively, earning a grass roots following.
- The band made their major label debut with the release of their “Continued Silence” EP, which included the breakthrough single “It’s Time,” an anthemic foot-stomping track that perfectly encapsulates the band’s unvarnished emotional sound.
- The song, which reached #3 at Modern Rock radio and #2 at AAA, earned the group a 2012 MTV VMA nomination for “Best Rock Video.”
- With the groundswell of energy “It’s Time” generated, Imagine Dragons released their full-length debut, “Night Visions”, available on Grammy award winning producer Alex Da Kid’s (Eminem, Rihanna) label, KIDinaKORNER.
Good luck 😉