You may or may not remember that time we wrote about the top theme parks in Asia, which included some upcoming parks that we were looking forward to.
Today, we’re celebrating and squealing with glee because finally, we’ve got more details (read: pictures) on Shanghai Disneyland!
The Walt Disney Company unveiled key creative elements of Shanghai Disney Resort and its theme park, Shanghai Disneyland, including details of the park’s 6 themed lands filled with world-class attractions and live entertainment spectaculars – many of them a first for a Disney park. The resort will take the best of Disney and deliver it in a way that is especially created for the people of China.
During the special presentation, held at the Shanghai Expo Centre, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger revealed a scale model of the Disneyland Park.
The model showcased the 6 key lands: Treasure Cove, Mickey Avenue, Adventure Isle, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Gardens of Imagination. The resort will also include 2 hotels, the lakeside Wishing Star Park, and Disneytown – a shopping, dining, and entertainment district.
In addition to Disney’s legendary storytelling, exceptional guest service, classic attractions such as Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Peter Pan’s Flight, a Disney parade and nighttime fireworks spectacular, there will be many attractions, shows, and experiences debuting in China.
The attractions are such as:
- Enchanted Storybook Castle: The largest and most technologically advanced of all Disney castles.
- Treasure Cove: The first-ever land dedicated to Pirates.
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run in the new Tomorrowland: A coaster-style attraction and one of the most thrilling adventures at any Disney park.
- The Garden of Twelve Friends: Depicting the animals of the Chinese zodiac as re-imagined Disney and Disney-Pixar characters.
- The Broadway spectacular: Where Disney’s “The Lion King” will be performed for the first time ever in Mandarin in the resort’s Broadway-style theatre, Walt Disney Grand Theatre.
Of course, Mickey Mouse and all of his pals will be on hand to greet guests when Shanghai Disney Resort opens its gates 😉
More artist impressions in the gallery below:
With parks in Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, the Shanghai park will be Disney’s 4th outside of the US. The biggest project in Asia, Shanghai Disneyland was expanded in June, bringing the estimated cost to a total USD5.4 billion.
Disney Resort is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group and is expected to open by the end of 2015.
For more information, visit their website.