Remember the despicable yellow single-celled organisms or more commonly known as minions? As most of you may already know by now, those cute little gleeful things are getting a movie on their own. Righteously titled “Minions“, the trailer shows that the minions aren’t all that despicable unless they’ve got a despicable master to serve.
Having exist long before humans did, they’ve served some of the greatest villains in the world including T-Rex, Napoleon and Dracula. Unfortunately for the minions, these villains didn’t live long enough to see abomination. Not having a master to serve, has left the minions aimless and depressed which could lead to their extinction, but lucky for them, one brave minion named Kevin, volunteers to go on a search for their new master.
Joined by Stuart and Bob, the trio’s thrilling journey leads them to their next potential master in New York. Set in the 60s, “Minions”, directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda is a spin-off to and prequel both “Despicable Me” and “Despicable Me 2”. Written by Brian Lynch, the Universal Pictures film is executive produced by Chris Renaud and produced by Illumination Entertainment’s Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy.
“Minions” see Sandra Bullock joining the cast to voice Scarlet Overkill, the world’s first-ever female super-villain while Jon Hamm will voice her husband, inventor Herd Overkill. “Birdman” star Michael Keaton, Allison Janney and Steve Coogan will also be taking on voice over roles in the movie.
Watch the trailer below:
Now, our friends at United International Pictures Malaysia are giving fans the opportunity to join Kevin, Stuart and Bob as they embark on this journey to find a new master by giving us tonnes of “Minions” premiere screening passes to giveaway.
Premiere screening details are as follows:
Date: June 17th (Wednesday)
Venue: GSC, 1 Utama
All you gotta do to win passes is answer the following questions:
- Who are the three minions who set out on a journey to find a new master villain?
- True or false: Sandra Bullock will voice Scarlet Overkill, the world’s first-ever female super-villain?
- Tell us in no more than 140 characters why you deserve to win.
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to email@example.com. Each winner will walk away with 4 tickets per person. These are limited tickets and will be based on a first-come-first-served basis.
Yup, you heard us. So, start sending in those e-mails now before it’s too late 😉
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of merchandise for those who attempt to transfers it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 12th June (Friday) at 6pm.
Slated for release on June 18th (Thursday), the “Minions” is undeniably one of the cutest movies to hit cinemas this year!