Ready for more unexpected plot twists and endless jump-scares? We know you are, especially when the 3rd instalment of the”Insidious” franchise hit the cinemas.
“Insidious: Chapter 3” is a highly anticipated horror movie for many reasons. The first “Insidious” film was a surprise success for director James Wan (of “The Conjuring” and “Furious 7″ fame) as it grossed a total of $97,009,150 worldwide. It was turned into a franchise when its sequel made double the box office of the 1st film. Though the franchise is known for its main stars Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, they did not return to the 3rd film as it no longer revolves around the Lambert family from the first 2 chapters.
Directed by Leigh Whannell, “Insidious: Chapter 3” is a prequel that centres on gifted psychic Elise Rainier, who travel into a realm called “The Further” for the first time in order to save a teenager’s life, while also battling demons of her own. The origin of the evil is expected to be told in the film as it will be revealing more mysteries behind the realm.
Dermot Mulroney, who is best known for his role in 1986’s “Young Guns”, is set to lead the film alongside former Disney star Stefanie Scott. Lin Shaye will return to the franchise as Elise while both Angus Sampson and the director himself will reprise their roles as ghost hunters Tucker and Specs.
The film is written by Whannell from a story he hatched with producer James Wan. Jason Blum of Blumhouse is producing the film alongside returning producers Oren Pali and Wan. Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Steven Schneider, Charles Layton, and Xavier Marchand serve as the film’s executive producers.
Watch the trailer:
Now, all thanks to our friends from Sony Pictures Malaysia, we’re giving some limited edition merchandise and some “Insidious: Chapter 3″ premiere screening passes to our lucky readers.
Deets of the premiere screening and merchandise are as follows:
- Date: 3rd June 2015 (Wednesday)
- Time: 8:30pm
- Venue: TGV 1 Utama
The official merchandise are as follows:
- 5 x Limited Edition ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ T-Shirt worth RM 300 each
- 5 x Limited Edition ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ Umbrella worth RM 200 each
- 5 x Limited Edition ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ Glass Tumbler worth RM 200 each
To win the passes and merchandise, all you gotta do is tell us:
- Who is the director of “Insidious: Chapter 3”?
- True or false: The realm as shown in the “Insidious” film franchise is known as “The Further”.
- Why should we pick you as the winner?
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to email@example.com. Each winner walks away with 4 tickets per person. As the merchandise are very limited, they will be based on a first-come-first-served basis.
That’s right, start sending in those e-mails now before it’s too late ;)
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets/merchandise at our HQ.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of merchandise for those who attempt to transfers it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 2nd June (Tuesday) at 6pm.
“Insidious: Chapter 3” is slated for release in Malaysian cinemas worldwide on 4th June 2015.
For more information, visit the movie’s official Facebook page.