It’s time go loco!
In the past year, the Melbourne bounce has spilled over into mainstream attention garnering love and support from music fans worldwide. Focusing on its emphasis on vibrant elements of house and electro, 2 DJs have been manning the Melbourne Bounce ship into international waters, one of them being Joel Fletcher.
Much like Will Sparks, Joel’s popularity is growing rapidly and in case you missed it, the Melbourne-based DJ/producer will be making his way to Kuala Lumpur this April. To prep you guys for his arrival and show at Zouk Club KL, here’s a list of things about Joel that you might find interesting:
- Joel first started deejaying at the age of 14 and scored his first club residency at the age of 16.
- In 2014, he released his triple platinum chart topping record “Swing” featuring Savage. The tune also won Joel a nomination for the 2014 ARIA’s “Song Of The Year”.
- Playing and making music has always been his dream.
- Until he was of legal age, Joel would have to arrive the club just 5 minutes before his set and leave right after.
- The majority of his dad’s side of the family are musicians and in fact, Joel himself is a drummer.
- Joel opened for Avicii when Avicii played in Brisbane and Melbourne as part of his Australian tour in 2014.
- His dream gig is to play at Tomorrowland.
- Joel once got a fan to willingly put peanut butter all over her face.
- He openly admitted that he doesn’t watch Game Of Thrones. We know, like what in the world, right?
I think I’m the only person who doesn’t watch game of thrones
— Joel Fletcher (@Joel_Fletcher) April 13, 2015
Joel Fletcher is set to take over Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur on April 24th (Friday).
More information about his show can be found here.