“The ZPump Fusion doesn’t just provide a locked-in custom fit for your feet, it also locks you into focus so you can push your body, test those limits and Be More Human.”
Kuala Lumpur has a unique fusion of different types of people from all over the world – many of which have a serious passion for running and fitness. As such, Reebok launched the revolutionary new ZPump Fusion; a running shoe that uniquely conforms and adapts to any foot.
The ZPump Fusion was unveiled at a Reebok FitHub Nu Sentral Mall where guests explored, through interactive try on experience, how Reebok has revolutionised its iconic innovation – The Pump technology – to create the new ZPump Fusion.
Boasting a new and proprietary air-filled cage that surrounds and molds to any foot providing a custom, locked-in fit, the ZPump Fusion represents a revolutionary new approach to The Pump technology and how runners experience fit.
“Many running shoes are developed around a rigid, factory-developed last shape that can never be a true representation of your unique foot. The ZPump Fusion is completely structure-less when not inflated and then molds to the individual shape of your foot once you put it on and inflate. It conforms to the shape of your foot to give you a locked-in, custom fit when you run. To get that security, you may need three pumps or you may need eight pumps – it is fully customisable for each person,” said Paul Litchfield, original inventor of The Pump and Head of Reebok Advanced Concepts.
Unlike a traditional running shoe which is often made up of over 40 individual parts; the Reebok ZPump Fusion is made up of just 3 key parts, meaning no rigid components that restrict movement in the foot. Each of the 3 parts in the ZPump Fusion works together to deliver improved fit and control:
- The Pump technology – The revolutionary air-filled cage is lightweight and fully customisable that pumps up and wraps around the individual shapes and contours of the foot to deliver a locked-in custom fit to achieve maximum performance.
- The Fusion Sleeve – The Fusion Sleeve is a four way stretch sleeve that holds together the key components of the ZPump Fusion. A lightweight and seamless compression sleeve, it fuses The Pump technology to any runners’ foot to provide improved control and comfort as they run.
- ZRATED outsole – The high-speed, underfoot performance that is essential to any high tempo running shoe is provided by the ZRATED outsole. Inspired by high performance ZRATED tires, the edges and underfoot grooves provide increased handling and control so runners can stop, start and turn on a dime.
When The Pump actuator on the heel of the ZPump Fusion is pushed, air is channeled through the valve and into the air-filled cage enabling it to fill and clasp around the upper and heel in a way that is unique to each foot. To release the air, runners can simply deflate using the release valve.
Revolutionising The Pump technology with the unique Reebok ZPump Fusion is part of the global fitness brand’s mission to change how people perceive and experience fitness. Reebok has issued a bold challenge for the world to “Be More Human” as part of its new brand campaign; a unique point of view that embodies the brand’s new symbol, the Reebok Delta.
The Reebok ZPump Fusion (RM469) will be available now at:
- Reebok One Utama, Nu Sentral, Paragon
- Stadium Mid Valley, KLCC, Pavilion, JBCC
- Studio R Sunway Pyramid, Gurney
- RSH One Utama, Bangsar Shopping Centre, Queensbay Mall, City Square
- Crossover Sunway Pyramid, City Square
And through their website.
For more pictures from the Reebok ZPump Fusion launch in Kuala Lumpur, check out the gallery below:
For more information, hit up Reebok Malaysia’s Facebook page.