9 more sleeps! Are you keeping count?
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, since the day Future Music Festival Asia (FMFA) 2015 was announced, is almost here. This year’s instalment will see the likes of Example, Avicii, Fatboy Slim, Bassjackers, Ferry Corsten, Knife Party, Protoculture, Markus Schulz, Sander Van Doorn, Afrojack, Darude, New World Punx, and more take their respective stages at the 2-day festival at Changi Exhibition Centre, Singapore.
But before that, we need to fill all y’all in on the lineups, ins and outs, as well as the essentials of Southeast Asia’s largest festival. Oh, you know, to best prepare you for the maze that is FMFA15.
Thank us later ;)
Your Wristband = Your Wallet
After going through security, you will be tagged with a RFID wristband. Besides controlling access, your wristbands can also be topped up with cash and used to purchase drinks at the bar.
Don’t have cash on you? Don’t worry you can also top up wristband credits using your credit card. This essentially reduces waiting time in queues to purchase your drinks. Simply place your order, tap your wristband against the reader, and you’re done. Wristbands can be topped up at various Top-Up Stations around the festival site.
But for greater convenience, you can also pre top-up your wristbands today even before the festival begins here. Pre top-ups are only available from now till 9th March 2015.
*If you are a Weekend (2-day) Pass holder, you will only be tagged with one wristband on Day 1 and you will have to keep the same wristband on for Day 2.
Take GrabTaxi/The Shuttle Bus!
FMFA15 has teamed up with GrabTaxi to offer you with special discounted fares to and from the venue. Use the promo code “FMFA15” when booking your ride via the GrabTaxi mobile app or website.
Alternatively, hop on one of the many FMFA15 shuttle buses that are priced at SGD5 (one-way) and SGD10 (return) per person. If you’re heading to FMFA15, the pick up point is at the Car Park of the Kallang Leisure Park. When leaving the CEC, shuttle buses will drop you off at the following locations:
- Kallang Leisure Park (before 12am)
- City Hall (after 12am)
- Orchard (after 12am)
- Tampines (after 12am)
- Bedok (after 12am)
Full transportation details can be found here.
Facilities That Facilitate
With your convenience in mind, FMFA15 will offer a range of services to further ease your overall festival experience. If you asked us, we say that it’s not wrong to want to get the best out of our experience at a festival that size!
So here are some facilities that might help you feel a little bit more comfortable/happier ;)
1. The Car Park: Car Park passes can be purchased here. Parking is priced at SGD48 (excluding a SGD4 ticketing charge fee) for 2 days and can be purchased in advanced via the link above. Parking spaces are limited and passes are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
2. The Bag Drop Counter: Located just before the main entry gates, you can drop off bulky items, bags, etc. for just SGD3 per item. Didn’t read the list of prohibited items and brought a selfie stick? No worries, just store it at the Bag Drop Counter.
3. The Food Village: Sample the best of Singapore at the FMFA15 Food Village featuring over 15 stalls serving a variety of food from Mexican burritos and nachos, pastas, sandwiches, kebabs, fish and chips, burgers, sushi and tempuras to ice-creams.
4. The Carnival Zone: Get on rides like the Ghost Train, Meteorite, Bumper Car and Carousel. At FMFA15, music isn’t just all you get.
5. The Merchandise Booth: Take home something from the merchandise store to remind you of the epic time you had at FMFA15. Merchandise that will be available for sale include official festival t-shirts, emoji-themed masks, sunnies, and a range of other official artistes’ merchandise.
5. The FMFA15 Mobile App: Download the app via Google Play or the iTunes Store for your own personalised set times and festival map. Create your own schedule and get notified when your favourite acts are about to go on stage.
Be A VIP Baller
They see you rollin’, they hatin’.
For those looking to take their party experience to a different level, go for the VVIP Private Cabanas going at SGD15,000 each for 2 days. These elevated cabanas apart from providing an aerial view of the festival grounds and a fantastic view of the Supernova stage comes with a 25-square-metre private area, access to the cabana for 15 people, private bars, private toilets, 8 bottles of liquor with mixers, and 4 bottles of champagne.
In addition, there will also be a VIP Lounge aka The First Class Arena, which features an elevated terrace and lounge that overseas the Supernova and Future Live stages. VIP tickets are priced at SGD388. This VIP Lounge will act as a club within the festival and is indoors, air-conditioned, and also includes its own private toilets. Also there will be a variety of exclusive services in the VIP Lounge such as bottle service, and shoulder massages.
Table reservations start from SGD1,000 for 2 days and includes VIP passes and a minimum of 2 bottles of alcohol. For enquiries about the table packages, contact email@example.com.
More information on Private Cabanas can be found here.
For VIP table bookings, click!
As part of its security procedure, FMFA15 implements a strict no re-entry policy. This means if you leave the festival grounds early, you will not be allowed back in. You will only be allowed back into the festival grounds the following day.
Believe us when we say that a lot of security measures are being taken! Read all about it in our exclusive interview with Livescape Asia co-founders Iqbal and Rahul here.
Lineups (By Day & Stage)
Of course, who doesn’t want to know who’s playing what and where, are we right? As such, here are the FMFA15 lineups by day and stage:
Set times will be released via the FMFA15 Mobile App so be sure to download it now via Google Play or the iTunes Store.
Future Music Festival Asia 2015 will be held at the 140,000 sq. metre Changi Exhibition Centre in Singapore on 13th and 14th March 2015. Tickets are available for purchase here and are available in 3 categories:
- Single Day – Day 1 Only (SGD178)
- Weekend – Two-Day Pass (SGD228)
- VIP (SGD388)
*Ticket prices listed above also exclude the ticket agent’s booking and credit card processing fees.
Tickets are also available for walk-in purchase at all SISTIC outlets in Singapore.
Note: FMFA15 is open to guests aged 18 years and older only. ID verifications will be carried out at the door. Festival rules apply. The organisers also reserve the right to deny entry or to eject any guest deemed to be in violation of festival rules.
Meanwhile, here’s how you can get to FMFA15 on a shoestring budget! Save while you party, why not? ;)
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia