Sometimes, we can’t help but love certain songs.
The idea of a “guilty pleasure song” is applicable to only those who feel ashamed or guilty of listening to, like you know, the playlist on Spotify that you enjoy in private mode? We’re sure you know what we’re talking about because everyone’s got at least one shame-inducing hit that they secretly enjoy without the knowledge of their friends for fear of being laughed at by hipper friends (lame, we know).
Personally, we think that if you like something, own it. However, we understand that in the real world, there are social pressures, as well as signals that communicate preconceived notions of what music we can and cannot like. Today, we’ve decided to go against the norm by sharing with you our 15 favourite guilty pleasure songs.
1. Paris Hilton – Stars Are Blind
2. Psy – Gangnam Style
3. Robin Thicke Featuring Pharrell and T.I. – Blurred Lines
4. Wham – Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
5. Baha Men – Who Let The Dogs Out
6. Lou Bega – Mambo Number 5
7. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (we secretly enjoy most of, if not, all of her songs)
8. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
9. LMFAO – Sexy & I Know It
10. Katy Perry – Hot N’ Cold
11. Britney Spears – Work B*tch
12. Pitbull – I Know You Want Me
13. Icona Pop – I Love It
14. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop
15. Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg – Wiggle
Did you like our favourite guilty pleasure songs? ;)
Share yours with us by sounding off in the comments box below!