IMS Asia-Pacific (AP) has unveiled its first line-up of speakers for its Asian debut in Singapore on Dec 11 at W Singapore – Sentosa Cove.
This initial list of confirmed speakers, comprising artists and top executives in the music industry, make up the who’s who of the global stage of electronic dance music in relation to Asia-Pacific and are regarded as the industry’s thought leaders. They hail from all corners of Asia plus Europe, North America and, of course, host country Singapore.
Spanning all aspects of the industry, they include IMS co-founder/presenter Pete Tong, MBE; English DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold; Berlin-based electronic musician/DJ Richie Hawtin (M-nus/ENTER./Canada); JC Ahn (International Director, Vuent/Ultra Korea, South Korea); Dr Gino Yu (Doctor of Medicine and Music, Hong Kong); Lincoln Cheng (Owner, Zouk Club, Singapore) Hideki Natsumura (Manager KUVO Planning Section, Japan) and Mark Lawrence (CEO, Association for Electronic Music, UK).
Full list of IMS Asia Pacific 2014 in Singapore speakers as follows:
- Pete Tong (IMS/All Gone/BBC Radio 1, UK)
- Arjun Vagale (Sci-Tec/Bedrock, India)
- Damian Lazarus (Crosstown Rebels, Italy)
- Richie Hawtin (M-nus/ ENTER./ Canada)
- Steve Angello (Size, Sweden)
- Lincoln Cheng (Owner, Zouk & ZoukOut, Singapore)
- Ben Turner (Co-Founder, IMS/Association for Electronic Music/Graphite, UK)
- Brendan Long (Agent, William Morris Endeavor, UK)
- Chee Meng (Director of Label Relations, Spotify, Singapore)
- Dev Bhatia (Director, Unmute, India)
- Frank Cotela (Director, Onelove Recordings/SFX Totem/Stereosonic Australia)
- Frank Rodi (Deputy Director Writer Services, APRA AMCOS, Australia)
- Dr Gino Yu (Dr of Music & Medicine, Hong Kong)
- Hideki Natsumura (Manager KUVO Planning Section, Japan)
- Jason Swamy (Promoter, Do What You Love/Robot Heart, Hong Kong)
- JC Ahn (Director, Vuent/Global Gathering Korea/ Life in Color Asia, South Korea)
- Kurosh Nasseri (Co-Founder, Association for Electronic Music, USA)
- Mark Brimblecombe (Owner, Attica, UK)
- Mark Lawrenc (CEO, Association for Electronic Music, UK)
- Peter van Galen (Earproof, Holland)
- Ralf Kollman
- RALF KOLLMAN (Mobilee Records, Germany)
- Trent Grimes (Ministry of Sound, Australia)
A forum for music technology collaboration and creation, this is where the biggest minds in music come together to create new dance music apps, exclusive remixes, and music technology trials. IMS also showcases opportunities for the newest breakthrough artistes and record labels.
Deets are as follows:
- Where: W Singapore – Sentosa Cove, Singapore
- When: 11th December (Thursday)
- Starts: 12 noon
- Lunch: 2pm – 3:30pm
- Session: 3:30pm – 7pm
- Cocktail party: 7pm – 9pm
- Early Bird Special for the first 100 people S$125 per person
- After Early Bird Special, Normal Badge at S$160
- Late Badge at S$205
- Special IMS + ZoukOut 2014 combo at S$310
* Ticket price includes entry to IMS; buffet lunch; and drinks at cocktail party.
* 50% discount for students in music schools at SAE Institute and Republic Polytechnic.
* IMS delegates enjoy W Singapore – Sentosa Cove special room rate at S$360 per night (9th – 12th December).
Buy tickets and book rooms at W Singapore – Sentosa Cove here.
Pictures from the previous IMS events here:
For more information, visit their official website.