35 roads will be closed beginning Friday (10th October) to make way for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2014 on Sunday (12th October).
Jalan Raja which will be closed from Friday at 8pm until after the run on Sunday at 2pm, said Kuala Lumpur Traffic Police investigation and traffic law officer DSP S. Markandan. Other road closures on race day include:
- Jalan Raja Laut (from Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Sultan Ismail (from Sime Darby)
- Jalan Ampang (from Renaissance Hotel, Jalan Dang Wangi, KLCC, and Balai Polis Tun Razak)
- Jalan Bukit Bintang (from Pavilion KL)
- Jalan Raja Chulan (from Menara SCB)
- Jalan P. Ramlee (from KLCC)
- Jalan Dang Wangi (from Wisma Campbell)
- Jalan Sultan Ismail (from Renaissance Hotel)
- Jalan Perak (from Wisma Cosway)
- Jalan Tun Razak (from Prince Court Hospital)
- Jalan Jelatek (from Great Eastern Mall)
The above roads will be closed from 4am to 10am.
Important to note:
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman from Dataran Merdeka to Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Dang Wangi will be closed from midnight to 10am.
- Jalan Kuching from Lebuhraya Mahameru to Jalan Parlimen will be closed from 4am to 11am.
- Jalan Parlimen from Bank Negara to Jalan Tanglin will be closed from 5am to 11am.
- The public who wish to access Bukit Bintang, KLCC and Kampung Baru areas are advised to use Jalan Tun Razak.
- Vehicles from the south side of the city can alternatively use Jalan Loke Yew to reach Jalan Hang Tuah and Bukit Bintang.
- Both lanes on The Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH) will also be closed on race day from 2am to 10am.
- A single lane of the Duta-Ulu Kelang Expressway (DUKE) will be closed from 3am to 11am.
- One and a half lane on the Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2) will also be closed from 5am to 9am.
- The public can use alternative routes or public transport to the city centre.
- Vehicles that are parked at non-designated areas will be towed and summoned.
“Ten sweeper buses will be provided for those who can’t finish the race. We will also have complimentary one-way LRT service available from 3am to 6am,” said Dirigo Events Sdn Bhd director Rainer Biemans.
For details, visit their website or call Hotline Gerakan Traffic at 0320719777.