Good news, Arianators!
In celebration of hitting 20k likes on our Facebook page, we’re giving away 5 copies of Ariana Grande’s brand spanking new album, “My Everything“! Yes, you’ve heard the hits e.g. “Problem”, “Break Free”, “Bang Bang” (as seen during this year’s MTV VMA) , so now is your chance to really, really obsess over the vocal powerhouse.
If you’re not already obsessed, that is.
But first, some very crucial information about Ariana Grande:
“My Everything” is Ariana Grande’s second No. 1 album in less than a year, following her “Yours Truly” debut. The album has debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, giving the 21-year-old pop singer 2 No. 1 albums in less than a year. She’s the first woman to debut at No. 1 with her first 2 albums since 2010, and the first woman since Susan Boyle to see her first 2 albums debut at No. 1.
Note: Susan Boyle did it with “I Dreamed a Dream” (released in 2009) and “The Gift” (2010).
“My Everything” features 3 singles that have reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Problem” featuring Iggy Azalea (which peaked at No. 2), “Break Free” featuring Zedd (No. 4), and her collaboration with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj, “Bang Bang” (No. 6). On the Hot 100 chart dated 30th August, all 3 of those songs were in the top 10 at the same time, making Ariana Grande only the second lead female artist to have 3 concurrent top 10 hits!
To put this into perspective, only Adele, among lead-billed women, had done it previously.
How about it? You want the album?
Here’s what you gotta do to win one! Tell us:
- Who’s the closest contender to Ariana Grande in terms of getting her first 2 albums to debut at No.1.
- Which artistes did Ariana Grande collaborate with for “Bang Bang” and when/where was it performed for the first time ever?
- What are Ariana Grande’s fans called?
- Why do you deserve to win Ariana Grande’s “My Everything”? Get creative!
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you’re the winner, we’ll contact you via e-mail after the submissions have closed.
Special thanks to our awesome buddies from Universal Music Malaysia for making this contest happen!
Terms and conditions:
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail. There will be no winners announcement post.
- Winners are required to pick up the album from our office.
- Contest is open to those residing in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur only.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of prizes for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 22nd September (Monday), 6pm.
For more information, visit Ariana Grande’s official website.