Sure, you’ve heard of the MTV Insider 10-day job, but have you heard of #MTVBreaks?
“We’re so excited to introduce MTV Breaks to our fans around the world,” said Georgia Arnold, Senior Vice President, Social Responsibility, Viacom International Media Networks. “Young people around the world are increasingly concerned about their futures, which is why we’re making youth employment a focus of our pro-social strategy. MTV is uniquely well-positioned to help unlock the passion and creativity of our audience by providing them with an amazing platform for their talents and connecting them with some of the best available expertise from across the creative industries.”
Launched on 23rd August 2014, MTV’s new international multi-platform campaign MTV Breaks is giving talented MTV fans around the world the chance to kick-start a career in the creative industries by offering unprecedented opportunities to work on its high-profile entertainment events.
- Starting with the 2014 MTV EMA in Glasgow on 9th November, MTV Breaks is offering big ‘breaks’ to three talented, young creatives who will win the opportunity to work as a photographer, costume designer or camera operator at this year’s show. The selected candidates will be mentored at the show and subsequently by industry experts and will have their work featured on MTV channels and platforms the world over.
- Young adults* aged 18 to 26-years-old can apply by posting an image or video to Instagram tagged with #MTVBreaks and either #Photographer, #Designer or #Cameraperson. The deadline for entries is 19th September.
- The campaign offers online resources at mtvbreaks.tv and will also host a series of free workshops in Glasgow around the 2014 MTV EMA in November.
- Similar opportunities will be offered in future at other high-profile MTV events.
* In Asia, the MTV Breaks campaign is open only to applicants from China, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan.
Think you’ve got what it takes to snag the golden opportunity?
For more information on how to enter, visit their website.