“Loving every minute cause you make me feel so alive!”
(Featured image via Empire of the Sun on Facebook)
Australian electronic music duo from Sydney, Empire of the Sun consists of longtime collaborators Luke Steele of alternative rock act The Sleepy Jackson, and Nick Littlemore of electronic dance outfit Pnau. Formed in 2008, the duo hit international success and fame with their award-winning 2008 debut album Walking on a Dream. Certified double platinum in Australia and gold in United States, the album features a number of internationally charting singles including “Walking on a Dream” which peaked at number 10 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart
Empire of the Sun released their second album Ice on the Dune which features lead single “Alive” in 2013. Currently signed to EMI Australia and Virgin UK, Empire of the Sun will be performing at Good Vibes Festival this August 23rd (Saturday).
Slated to perform on the Red Stage from 9.00pm to 10.00pm at Good Vibes Festival, here are some facts to help you familiarise yourself with this psychedelic duo.
- Empire of the Sun were selected to compose the original soundtrack for the film Dumb and Dumber To.
- They’ve played mega festivals including Coachella, Ultra Music Festival Miami and Ultra Music Festival Korea.
- Luke Steele, one half of Empire of the Sun has written for Jay Z, Beyonce, and Usher, as well as remixed major pop starts like Lady Gaga.
- They released two volumes of “Celebrate” remixes. The first volume featured remixes from Steve Aoki and Tommy Trash while the second volume featured dance producers Hook N Sling, Styalz Fuego and Sydney electronic band Dissociatives.
- Empire of the Sun’s debut album Walking on a Dream, went on to sell more than a million copies worldwide.
Don’t forget to catch Empire of the Sun live at Good Vibes Festival tomorrow, August 23rd (Saturday). For more information on Good Vibes Festival, check out it’s Facebook page.
Today, we leave you with one of favs “Alive” by Empire of the Sun. Enjoy!