“The Giver” is based on Lois Lowry’s beloved young adult novel of the same name, which was the winner the 1994 Newbery Medal and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
The haunting story of “The Giver” centres on Jonas (played by Brenton Thwaites), a young man who lives in a seemingly ideal, if colourless, world of conformity and contentment. Yet as he begins to spend time with The Giver (played by Jeff Bridges), who is the sole keeper of all the community’s memories, Jonas quickly begins to discover the dark and deadly truths of his community’s secret past. With this newfound power of knowledge, he realises that the stakes are higher than imagined – a matter of life and death for himself and those he loves most.
At extreme odds, Jonas knows that he must escape their world to protect them all – a challenge that no one has ever succeeded at before. Watch the trailer here:
In conjunction with the upcoming release of the film, we’re giving away a couple of goodies to our readers. Of course, this was all only made possible by our friends from Vision Plus Entertainment!
These are the prizes that are up for grabs:
- 10 pairs of tickets to the preview screening of “The Giver” (Tuesday, 2nd Sept @ 9pm, GSC Mid Valley)
- 1 “The Giver” OST (Digital Album)
- 1 One Republic’s “Native” album (They sang the theme song)
- 1 “The Giver” novel
Here’s what you gotta do to win ’em! Tell us:
- Which international pop star will star alongside Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgård, Odeya Rush, Cameron Monaghan, and Katie Holmes in the film?
- Why do you think you deserve to win?
E-mail your answers to [email protected] and if you’re the winner, we’ll contact you via e-mail after the submissions have closed.
Terms and conditions:
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail. There will be no winners announcement post.
- Winners are required to pick up the prizes from our office.
- Contest is open to those residing in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur only.
- Prizes are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of prizes for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 24th August (Sunday), 1pm.
“The Giver” will be released in a cinema near you on 4th September.
For more information, visit the film’s official website.