Oh this weekend is going to be a smashing one.
(Featured image via Ummet Ozcan on Facebook)
Mat Zo kicked off the party this month by taking partygoers on a musical whirlwind last Friday, and now the party continues with Ummet Ozcan this weekend! Known for his unique and modern touch, Dutch/Turkish DJ Ummer Ozcan has continued to gain worldwide popularity since his 2011 #1 hit “Reboot” which spent 7 weeks at #1 on Beatport. The success of “Reboot” lead to Ozcan’s genre-defying #1 smash hit “The Box” in 2012 and “The Code” in 2013.
Having scored a collaboration with Paul Van Dyk in 2012 and with the success of his own original tracks, Ummet Ozcan is now one of the most sought after DJs. With festivals like Godskitchen, Pacha, Eden, Mondaybar, Tomorrowland, Planet Love, Global Gathering, A State of Trance and many more under his belt, Ummet Ozcan will be making his way to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow and he is set to give revellers a smashing night at Zouk Club KL.
Here are some facts about this Turkish delight:
- Ummet Ozcan has Turkish roots but he grew up in the Netherlands.
- He has collaborated with Paul Van Dyk, R3hab and Nervo.
- He made it into the 100 of DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs Poll in 2013.
- He would rather go a year without hearing than a year without sex.
- He always try to produce from a dance floor or festival perspective.
- If he could only eat one food for the rest of his life, it would be warm bread fresh out of the oven with cheese topping.
- He would like to be Bono for a day, just to experience the life of a rockstar.
Come party this weekend as Smash presents Ummet Ozcan live at Zouk Club KL on August 15th (Friday). Deets are as follows:
Date: August 15th (Friday)
Time: 1opm onwards
Venue: Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur
Ticket Entry: RM45 before 11pm (Men/Ladies) (inc 1 drink) / RM60 after 11pm (Men/Ladies) (inc 1 drink)
Bottle Entry: RM450 / 4 pax (All Night)
For reservations: Call 03-2171 1997 (12pm – 6pm) or 0163323191 (after 6pm) or email [email protected]
*applicable to 21 yrs old and above
Here’s “Smash” by Ummet Ozcan. Enjoy!