From La Femme Nikita and The Professional to The Fifth Element, writer/director Luc Besson has created some of the toughest, most memorable female action heroes in cinematic history. Now, Besson directs Scarlett Johansson in “Lucy“.
“Lucy” is an action-thriller film that centres around a 25-year-old American woman living and studying in Taipei, Taiwan. She is tricked into working as a drug mule by her new boyfriend, whose employer is a Korean mob boss and drug lord named Mr. Jang. Lucy delivers a briefcase to Mr. Jang containing a highly valuable synthetic drug called CPH4. Lucy is captured and a bag of the drug is forcibly sewn into Lucy’s abdomen and that of others who will also transport the drug for sales in Europe. While Lucy is in captivity, one of her captors kicks her in the stomach, breaking the bag, releasing a large quantity of the drug into her system. As a result, she..
..well, wouldn’t you like to find out? And you can!
Thanks to our awesome friends from United International Pictures Malaysia, we’re giving away 80 pairs of passes for the exclusive screening of LUCY! That’s A PAIR of passes per winner.
Deets of the screening are as follows:
Date: 20th August (Wednesday)
Time: 9:15pm (Ticket redemption from 8pm onwards)
Venue: Hall 3, TGV 1 Utama
To win ’em, all you gotta do is tell us:
- Director Luc Besson doesn’t only work on films, he also works on music videos. True or false?
- Who plays Lucy in the film? (This one is really easy!)
- Why should we pick you as the winner?
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to [email protected] There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis so go on and start sending in those e-mails. The faster your are, the higher your chances will be!
Terms and conditions:
- Winners’ names will be compiled and announced on our site on 19th August (Tuesday).
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 18th August (Monday) at 1pm.
Lucy also stars Academy Award® winner Morgan Freeman and is produced by Virginie Besson-Silla for EuropaCorp.
For more information, visit the movie’s official website.