Born April 30th, 1990, Mat Zo is a London based DJ/producer that is part of a new breed of precocious, unrestricted DJ/producers that are making big noises without the one-dimensional genre blinking of all. In fact, in the last year, the 24-year-old has seen his boundary-blurring productions like “Bipolar” and his latest big room melodic funk anthem “Easy” with Porter Robinson dominate the Beatport charts.
Throughout his career, Mat Zo has spend his time zig-zagging across the planet and rocking crowds at events such as Electric Zoo in New York, Audiotistic in LA, Creamfields Australia and London’s SW4. Known for his creative fire, Mat Zo will be making his way to our shores this August!
This August 8th, Fired Up Fridays presents Mat Zo live at Zouk KL and to get you all pumped up for him, here are some fun facts about this London based lad:
- If you follow Mat Zo on Twitter, you’ll know that he just as much of a ranter as he is a raver.
- Born into an artistically gifted family, Mat Zo’s mother is a professional violinist while his father is a famous oil painter and music lover.
- He used to be a drummer in a jazz band and a bassist in a rock band.
- He taught himself to produce dance music at 13 years old, and by 16, taught himself to DJ.
- By the age of 17, Mat Zo had remixed for names such as Andy Moor and Markus Schulz. He then became a household name after Tiësto hired him to remix “Driving To Heaven”.
Mat Zo will be burning up the decks at Mainroom, Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. Deets as follows:
Date: 8th August (Friday)
Time: 10pm onwards
Venue: Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur
Ticket Entry: RM45 before 11pm (Men/Ladies) (inc 1 drink) / RM60 after 11pm (Men/Ladies) (inc 1 drink)
Bottle Entry: RM450 / 4 pax (All Night)
Reservations: Please call 03-2171 1997 (12pm – 6pm) or 0163323191 (after 6pm) or email [email protected]
*applicable to 21 yrs old and above only