(Featured image from The Originals’ Facebook page)
Vampires, werewolves, and hybrids took over 2014 San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) on 25th July. “The Originals”, the CW’s top new series last season, stormed Ballroom 20 to dish out some spoilers for the upcoming second season.
In attendance at “The Originals” SDCC panel was executive producer Julie Plec, co-executive producer Michael Narducci, and stars Joseph Morgan (Klaus), Daniel Gillies (Elijah), Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley), Charles Michael Davis (Marcel), Leah Pipes (Cami), and Danielle Campbell (Davina).
IB reported what the group dished on Season 2 (S2) below:
1. Season 2 Kick Off: When S2 premieres in October, Klaus will be locked in the compound. But that won’t stop him from seeking “bloody, violent revenge”. In true Klaus Mikaelson style, of course.
2. Rebekah Returns: Rebekah (played by Claire Holt) will be returning to “The Originals” within the first 3 episodes of S2. Seeing Rebekah means we’re also going to see quite a bit of Baby Hope!
3. Hayley’s Transformation: Fans of “The Originals” know that Hayley lost everything at the end of S1 – including her life. When S2 premieres Hayley will struggle with her appetite and become a savage, however she will find her own sense of strength as a vampire.
4. Josh Is Lucky: Executive producer Julie Plec revealed that she wanted to kill Josh (Steven Krueger) in S1 but fortunately for fans of the character, the other writer’s vetoed her! He dodged the stake last season, and it looks like he’ll remain lucky in S2 because executive producer Michael Narducci teased that there is a chance that Josh could be getting a love interest.
5. “The Original” Parents Are Back: Both Esther and Mikael are back, thanks to the Other Side falling on “The Vampire Diaries.” Plec teased that the return of Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah’s parents will be explosive. Joseph Morgan added that Esther and Mikael means more Originals in town and will force Klaus to face his dad.
6. Davina’s New Love Interest: S2 newcomer Kaleb (Daniel Sharman of “Teen Wolf”) to get his flirt on with Davina.
7. A “The Vampire Diaries” Crossover: Paul Wesley may have made a surprise appearance at “The Originals” panel … but that doesn’t mean a “The Vampire Diaries” crossover is in place. Tyler may have visited New Orleans, and the Original siblings may have shown up in Mystic Falls in Season 1 … but a “The Vampire Diaries” crossover to “The Originals” in S2 is still unclear.
8. Redemption For Klaus: As mentioned earlier, Klaus is out for blood and revenge. However Joseph Morgan added that he hopes there is a chance for redemption for his character – but he would need the help of his blood and other family.
9. How Hope Factors In: Baby Hope will play into S2 of “The Originals”. The season will explore how Klaus and Hayley’s baby fits into the supernatural world. It’d also be interesting to see what Hope means to the whole supernatural universe and how she ties into a lot of the agendas of the “The Originals” villains.
Watch the official trailer for S2 of “The Originals”, featuring footage from the first 3 episodes of the new season: Rebekah telling Hope a twisted a bedtime story, which doubles as a S1 recap; Hayley going on the warpath; Klaus and Mikael having a bloody fight; a newcomer eyeing Davina and much more.
There’s also a little bonus:
“The Originals” will return to your television, fangs out and all, in October.