German born American trance music DJ, musician and producer, Markus Schulz has wowed fans across the globe with his natural audience interaction, flawless harmonic mixing and intuitive tune selection. Schulz, whose DJ career started of by concentrating between trance and progressive will be making his way to Kuala Lumpur on June 24th, 2014 (Wednesday).
His career blossomed in 2004 when he signed with popular DJ agency, David Lewis Productions and since then, he has played at the world’s biggest and most elite clubs, arenas and festivals including Avalon in Los Angeles, Amnesia in Ibiza, Electronic Family, Sunrise, Ultra Music Festivals and Tomorrowland.
Apart from playing at such huge platforms, Schulz has polled 4 consecutive years inside DJ Mag’s world’s top 10, is regularly ranked in the FTB, Trance Addict and Trance Podium charts as trance’s 2nd biggest spinner and won Best American DJ at the 2008 IDMAs.
Now, to prepare you for Markus Schulz’s appearance tomorrow at Play Club @ The Roof, here are some fun facts for you!
- Markus Schulz moved to America at age 13 when the breakdance scene was massive. He then started making breakdance tapes and started trading them with other people. It was the breakdance movement that eventually led Schulz to throwing parties which led to him DJing for a crowd.
- He used to be a breakdancer when he was a teenager.
- His first gigs in America were mostly at gay clubs.
- If he wasn’t a DJ, Schulz would love to be running a radio station.
- Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of The Moon album is the biggest influence on his music.
- According to Ferry Corsten the punkest thing about Schulz is that he gets his katana out and kills all the unicorns!
- His favourite movie is Smoky and the Bandit!
- And lastly, Ferry Corsten describes him as a thrill-seeker!
Markus Schulz is set to make it rain at Play Club @ The Roof tomorrow, so come join us for some midweek fun!
Event details are as follows:
Date: June 25th, 2014 (Wednesday)
Time: 9.00pm till late
Venue: Play Club at The Roof
For more details, visit the event page on Facebook.